Thread: Questions regarding multi-directories and permissions for events

Zakk

Questions regarding multi-directories and permissions for events

I am considering Vantage for a new site that will provide a directory function as well as an event calendar and have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate getting answered as soon as possible.

1) The site will have a general business directory and a second directory for Chambers of Commerce so I need two distinct directories on the same site that will have different available attributes for the listings. Is this possible with Vantage?

2) Is it possible to charge for specific features within a listing? For example, listing is free, but add $1 to show your logo or add $2 to add your listing to the map?

3) Is it possible to set up event calendars particular to a specific user? For example, if a user is a Chamber of Commerce (as listed in the above mentioned directory), can I give that user access to submit events (subject to my moderation) for only their particular calendar?

4) If #3 is not specifically possible, is it possible to limit a user to only submitting events to a calendar that I have setup that is assigned a specific category (as an alternate way to accomplish the same thing mentioned in #3?

5) In respect to both events and business listings, is there a way to have a dropdown menu to allow a site visitor to filter by location of event or business listing? I know there is an addon for the visitor to specify thir location, but this is different. For example, suppose a user wants to see a list of all upcoming events in New York or only businesses located in Los Angeles, is this possible? I would want the list to be dynamically generated based on the records in the database so that the list does not contain a huge list of cities with no entries.

Than you in advance, very much, for your help. I am looking to launch ASAP, so I am eager for your reply.

Thanks
    Hi Zakk, in answer to your questions:

1) Either you could look at a separating by categories only, but in this instance, a separate installation for each may be more suitable, allowing the site visitor to select the relevant directory. For this you may like to consider a WordPress multisite setup.

2) There are no additional options for images or maps, only for featured listings.

3) There is nothing within the theme by default which would manage this capability by user as described, no.

4) Again, not really.. theme functions are not so much restricted by the users.

5) Outside of the plugin available in the AppThemes marketplace which allows a location dropdown as described here, there is no built in functionality for this.

Vantage is not encrypted, so essentially you can make modifications to suit if you wish. Thanks.

Thread Information