Thread: Questions :) Thanks for replying

Unregistered

Questions :) Thanks for replying

1. Any way to incorporate or make 8 different classified themes for different major cities in the USA. If i purchase the 199 package, can I make 8 different sites and thats how we can classify different regions?

2. How is this run? I get a host I understand, but is this all web based management or do i need to know HTML to set up and download and of that?

3. Can we charge a membership fee?

Thank you so much.

Thanks
    Hi Guest, I'll try my best to answer your questions but I'm not a mod.

1. I think if you keep the database the same but only have the cities/regions be different, by creating different categories for each city/region you could customize each category in the theme with a different look. Alternatively, using your thought above, you might be able to set up CP on different sites (maybe subdirs of the same site) and code it differently that way but you might need to get your hands dirty with the code or hire a coder. Maybe one of the mods can shed more light on that?

2. Yes this is a self hosted package. You have to have your basic website setup and running WordPress. You don't really need to know any HTML but do need to know how to install and set up WordPress and install a Theme. I can help with this part if it's something you need done, for a fee.

3. You can charge for your ads a couple of different ways, a flat fee per ad, a percentage per ad, but currently I don't believe there's a way to charge membership fees unless you incorporate a Plugin. The good thing about this theme is that because it's run on WordPress, you can implement just about any WordPress plugin.
    ~Ramsey

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rodeoramsey For This Useful Post:

jomarkosabel (August 18th, 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You've got it right to a T rodeoramsey and thanks for the assist. Anyway, this is a community so everybody can share their know-how about Classipress and Wordpress in general.
    Last edited by jomarkosabel; August 18th, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information