Thread: Quick question about classipress

Unregistered

Quick question about classipress

Hi,

Could anyone help me please?

Ive just looked at the demo of classipress, and under the heading 'categories' (on the navigation bar at the top), you can have many categories, each of them having many subcategories.

Is it possible to have 3 main categories :

1) paid classified ads - in order
    2) free business listings (in categories but permanent with no expiry date)
    3) upcoming events (free to list) ( in date order). (not absolutely essential, but 1 and 2 are)

and also can i have these headings ('classifieds' and 'business directory') separate on the navigation bar along the top?

thanks for your help

Thanks
    You can have as many or as few categories as you wish, as these are created using standard WordPress functionality. Your pricing options are either: Price per category, Fixed price per ad (via ad packages, e.g. $X.XX for XX days), or % of sellers ad price. Technically there isn't a function to allow some ads to expire and others to not expire, but as I say, setting up ad packages can allow you to set expiry dates.. and you would set up paid and free ad packs to accomodate.

With some customization, you could alter the way the categories are displayed.

Unregistered
    thats great, thanks very much

Unregistered
    just another quick question....

can you change the expiry date of ads for different categories?

so in relation to my first question, i could have 2 main subcategories:

paid classified ads (expire after 60days)
    free business listing ads (expire after 365 days)

1) can you set te expiry date to 365 days?
    2) can i renew these ads on behalf of the customer?, or can they be set to automatically renew in this category?, so the business doent have to come back every year to renew their free listing.

thanks

Thanks
    You can set expiry dates for ad packages, but not specific categories. So, technically you could create the packages you mention (free and paid), however the customer selects the ad package they want during the ad posting process so you can't technically stop someone selecting the free ad package with the current setup.

Yes you can set a 365 expiry date, and yes you could if you wanted, renew the ads manually from the wp-admin.

Unregistered
    thanks pepsi,

would i be able to have the free business listings on the website but not included in the adverts?. i.e just a page under a 'business listings' heading on the main navigation bar, which i then manually add business details to?

can i change the headings on the main navigation bar?, and fill up pages with whatever info i want?

thanks

Unregistered
    and if i need to do some slight altering to make it happen, would it be very difficult, as i dont know much about website building!
    :)

Thanks
    Yes, you can manually create whatever additional navigation menu pages you want, so if you intended to set up a page that way and manually add details, then yes.

Some minor customizations are fairly straightforward, in and some cases other members of the community have shared tutorials on how to do them within the forums. If you want to add more complicated features that aren't already included, this can of course be done if you have the coding knowledge, or you can even hire a coder from our certified partners page if you wish.

Thread Information