Thread: Recurring Subscriptions

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Recurring Subscriptions

I like everything about your themes except I'm only buying a program that supports "Recurring Subscriptions". Other similar programs offer it and it can only help in more sales. I saw the post I listed below about you considering for a future version but the thread died out last year. Are you still considering it? Anytime soon by chance before I decide on what I'm purchasing? The other thing I'd like to see is more search options. Like City, State, etc. At least in an advanced link but would really like the option in admin to display all without clicking advanced. Just my 2 cents! The rest looks great! :D

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=468&p=2269&hilit=recurring#p22 69" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Re: Recurring Subscriptions

ClassiPress 3.0 was released within the last couple of weeks, and unlike the previous version of ClassiPress (2.9.x - at the time the other thread was made) you can now create custom ad packs and set $X.XX for XX amount of days - and when this period expires the customer will be sent an e-mail notifying them of their ad expiring, and asking if they wish to relist their ad.

There have also been huge improvements to regional search functionality as well, with these fields implemented into the new ad form, which enables you search by regional info more accurately.

If you haven't already, you can check out the demo of the latest version which also looks completely different to what you would have seen when looking at the demo prior to the release of 3.0 http://wpclassipress.com/demo/.

http://wpclassipress.com/features/

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Recurring Subscriptions

Yep, that's the demo I have been reviewing. Explains why the showcase sites look so differently. :lol:

So the answer is NO to recurring! You explained a basic feature that is in every demo I reviewed so far and I've reviewed a lot. I'm pretty adamant about this feature that others have been putting in because:

* Motivating the subscriber to continue to get back on my site and give more payments, will lose sales!
    * Even if they are not receiving traffic from my site, if they are recurring, some users are too busy to bother to cancel a subscription. I know from experience, cause I always get too busy to cancel mine. ;) That's why there are so many offers out there that say try it free for 30 days and if you don't like, just cancel. Because people don't remember or bother to cancel. And, if they are taking the time to sign up again, then they will probably research the traffic they are receiving from me. And, if not very good, I'll lose them.
    * I would rather use 30 days recurring fees than big range of days because $10 always looks more affordable than $100.

Is there any plans in a very near version to put this in?

Regarding the search feature that answer is NO too. I see you still don't let us or the users expand it or at least offer an advanced search. Any plans for this for a very near future release? And, I'm not meaning the search queries behind the scene like you explained. I've seen some that have some great extra search features like city, state, zip, price range, and even sort by ratings, price, etc. And, would love to be able to add my own in the admin to it because I'm offering animals for sale and I could add breed, sex, weight, etc. I saw a site with all this but a little too hefty on the wallet.

I have a few other questions that are really deal breakers like the above, but I'm curious.

1) When new customers upload images there is a size limit of 100KB max file size per image. Is this size changeable in the admin? Every image I was trying to upload was failing because of size and was frustrating.
    2) Can a new menu category (next to the Blog) be easily added to the menu in the admin? I know it can be changed in the code, but I want to know if in the admin?
    3) Any chances for additional payment modules other than Paypal in the future?
    4) Lastly, will you be offering more templates than the ones available with this release or are the ones there already the only ones that will be made?

I really like the scrolling features area on the top and like the price tag along with additional domains and upgrades. So I"m really looking at you guys seriously. I'm just not sure about a couple things lacking that I feel strong about having.

Thanks for your time! :)

Unregistered

Recurring Fee Answers

Hello azdolfan,

Did you ever determine if ClassiPress will do the 30 day recurring billing. I am looking to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Thanks
    There is still not currently a subscription/membership option that azdolfan described..only the ad renewal option I mentioned above.

Unregistered
    I am not sure I am clear on the distinction. What is meant by "recurring subscriptions" and how is that different fomr what P cannow do? Thanks

Thanks
    I am interpreting "subscriptions" as membership fees - so that customers are paying to sign up to use the website, and paying a one off fee to place ads.

ClassiPress doesn't have a membership/subscription option.. only a pay per ad method which also allows ad renewal.

Hope this clarifies it for you :)

Ajamm

Ouch!

Blast this is exactly what I was going to ask!

I am imagining we could modify the code to allow subscriptions... but with such a AWESOME product OOTB, why?

What I will be using is a 1/4ly subscripition for plans giving 1,10,50,50+ ads per user depending on subscription option.

I am totally happy with doing this manually in the admin console for each user... but a self select and pay plan would be better.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks
    This thread is actually very old and refers to a previous of the theme. The good news is that the current version of ClassiPress actually now has a membership option (you can see the details in the ClassiPress admin demo here). I hope this helps :)

Thread Information