Thread: Regions/States

Unregistered

Regions/States

Hi,

Does the classifieds addon enable state/region selection before you select the ad category?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    The standard out of the box theme has the customer choose their ad category first, but the ad form allows them to add their location information. You could always customize the theme to work how you like it though, it would take some coding knowledge to do so.

Unregistered
    Ah ok, how difficult would it be without me being able to see the code to determine this for myself?

Is there any chance this feature would be included in the near future?

Thanks
    It's subjective really.. how difficult it is depends on your level of coding knowledge. The theme itself isn't encrypted so it's fully open for customers to customize.

It's not something I have seen specifically mentioned or requested in our feature requests section of the forums, so I couldn't say it's going to be implemented any time soon. If there was enough feedback from the community that they wanted something like this then by all means the development team would take it into consideration.

Unregistered
    Last question...

Due to me not having access to proposed/suggestions made from the community into what they would like to see included in this addon. Could you answer the following, in regards to google maps will there ever be an option that would enable the user to view ads (not just single ads wich is already included) by a map using unique/customised markers?

Thank you...

Thanks
    I can't say it would never be implemented, but at this stage I don't believe there are plans for this. In saying that, I have seen a thread in the forums where existing users have discussed how this can be achieved.. I don't know if they ever came up with a solution though, but potentially with community members working together these kinds of things can be worked out.

Unregistered
    I am liking the response time, I do not know if this is just the case with pre-sales questions but it seems like the support is good compared to a lot of websites/forums I have come across for Joomla components.

Thanks
    Thanks, we do our best to answer all support questions in a timely manner (not just pre-sales ;)).. Taking into account we're all in different parts of the world I think we do pretty well.

Thread Information