Thread: Running Classifieds with other themes

Unregistered

Running Classifieds with other themes

I am looking to run a wordpress site with the main theme being a classified ads facility but also run a blog to offer support section for customers. I believe from the articles that this is possile with the latest version of classifieds. But what I also want to do is offer my own products for sale under an ecommerce application. Is it possible to run the classifieds theme and also run an ecommerce theme under the same instance of wordpress under one domain

Thanks
    ClassiPress is a stand alone theme, so therefore isn't designed to run inside another existing theme like a plugin does. I imagine it would take a fair amount of customization to do something like this. I also know that some customers have tried using an ecommerce plugin with ClassiPress but there are compatibility issues, so at this stage I'm not aware of anyone who has sucessfully integrated such a function. That's not to say it's can't be done, but as I said, it would probably involve some level of complexity.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    ClassiPress is a stand alone theme, so therefore isn't designed to run inside another existing theme like a plugin does. I imagine it would take a fair amount of customization to do something like this. I also know that some customers have tried using an ecommerce plugin with ClassiPress but there are compatibility issues, so at this stage I'm not aware of anyone who has sucessfully integrated such a function. That's not to say it's can't be done, but as I said, it would probably involve some level of complexity.
    Thank you for this very quick response. Looks like I will have to overcome this problem by setting up a sub domain for the ecommerce site. Many thanks again.

Thread Information