Thread: Search Categories Question

Erin

Search Categories Question

Can an item be listed in multiple categories and be searchable within both categories at all time?

For example: could gold earrings appear under a category for gold AND a catagory for earrings under a heading of jewelry?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Multiple category selection is not yet a current feature of Classipress. Some users are already asking for this feature and so there is a possibility that it will be included in the next version of Classipress.

However, it can be implemented with custom coding which is just dependent upon your coding skills.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    However, it can be implemented with custom coding which is just dependent upon your coding skills.
    Why would anyone waste their time developing functionality that SHOULD already be available in a 'classifieds' theme, especially if it's going to become a 'feature'.

For me, ability to filter search results is a MUST for any classified listings site.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I am just suggesting as there are users who could not wait for the feature to be released. If you think it is a waste of time then you have the option not to implement it in the mean time.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Could you please point me in the direction of the people who have done this or is there a code snippet somewhere in the forums? Thanks.

Thread Information