Thread: SEO, GEO Location Questions

Unregistered

SEO, GEO Location Questions

Hello,
    I have been combing the thread, the demo site and the showcase sites and a few questions still come to mind.

1) SEO search results are going to be the key for me to get traffic. Generally with wordpress sites, they URL will be built based on the category. I am hoping it can be built based on city. For example, if someone googles "Nail Salons New York" And my website is Nailsalons.com, I would like URL for all my listing in NY to show up under www.nailsalons.com/newyork. At the same time I would still like to have different categories of Nail Salons that people can choose from. So are the URL's built from the categories that each business is placed under? Or can they be built based on location?

2) Does the theme automatically show the nearest business locations to the user when they come on based on their IP? If they are on a mobile device, will it also do the same?

3) Can extra fields be added to create a custom search for the user? Such as Nail Salons, New York, offers pedicures?

4) Can listing creators add "tags" to their listings that can be searchable by users?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    1) The URL isn't based on locations as you have described, and all of our themes use custom post types, so they have an identifier in the URL for these, in the case of Vantage, listings are "listings"/then the listing name:

It would require customization on your part if you were looking to change the structure to something more like you describe, and you may be able to find details on how it can be done from links such as this, however we do not offer official tutorials on making these changes.

2) No, the theme does not include this functionality at this time. The suggestions are based on the users actual search results, and they can extend the radius search via the "refine results" if they wish.

3) At this time the custom fields are not included in a search but this is planned for a future release of the theme.

4) The default Vantage listing form does include tags which can be entered in by the listing creator and yes they can be searched. Thanks.

Thread Information