Thread: Set of questions on Classipress functionality

DragonMonkeyStyle

Set of questions on Classipress functionality

Hi,

I have few questions about classipress. I think before I buy this theme, it should be answered.. :)

1. Is it necessary to have PDT or IPN setup in payment settings. I saw this is Classipress Admn demo and was bit confused. :-| Anyone can get the payments in paypal with an email... Then why there are two things PDT and IPN.. Is that necessary to setup?

2. The user image is taken from Gravatar and this is how its set as in the settings.. Why don't you allow user to upload his/her own images rather than taking from Gravatar?

3. is it possible to limit the user from creating multiple ads? I mean, there are membership packs, right? If the user is creating more number of free ads then what will be the use of having a membership packs?

4. If there is a payment done for a particular ad type say "featured ad", will this ad go directly in the featured slider or the admin has to approve it.. :D

May be my questions sounds too dumb but I think these question every buyers will have... :P

Please let me know... :)

Thank You..

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. No neither of these are necessary for use in order to still allow secure transactions, and are entirely optional. You can read tutorials about both of these here and here which explains their functionality a little more.

2. We previously used a plugin for this functionality which allowed users to upload their image, but maintaining compatibility between the theme and the plugin was problematic. Once we started using Gravatar services it became a lot more efficient.

3. There is no default functionality which limits ad posting, and memberships allow unlimited posting within a pre-determined time frame/price. Membership pricing options are not mandatory so if you'd rather charge per ad only, you can.

4. If the featured ad option is charged and the transaction is completed then it will publish automatically. If it's free, with moderation required for posting, then yes you would need to manually approve it.

There are no dumb questions, we're happy for you to clarify these things before you decide on your purchase. Thanks.

Thread Information