Thread: State feature listing

Thanks

State feature listing

Does this have the option to include states as in USA as a catagory or something of that sort in the listings. Not sure if catagory is exactly the word I am looking for but hopefully my question is understood. Thank you.

Ben

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    No default option on that yet but it can be implemented through custom coding and or through the use of a plugin. It might be included in the next version release though.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply. Custom coding for that is a bit above my head. Do you have a link to the plugin you mentioned. State listing is really not a big deal but makes for a nicer listing feature especially with large items and shipping.

Thanks
    I'm not really clear on what your question is? When you say you want the States as "part of the category" you can of course literally set up the States as categories from within the WordPress admin (without coding), but it's the subcategories of each State that will start to make it a bit messy. Otherwise, the next release of ClassiPress will have an advanced search functionality which will allow people to search by location, so again, this is another non-coding method to allow customers to search for listings in their State only.

Alternatively, people do often go the route of using a multisite setup in conjunction with some customization to achieve something much like what has been done on this site: fleabay.net

Thanks
    Thank you pepsi. I likely did not look deep enough into the features. I will take another look.

Norms

State feature listing

The only thing holding me back is this location feature. Just need to ask ,
    a) if I buy the Classipress now and implement it, will I get the upgrade later as and when it is announced? As you say that there is going to be an advanced search facility in the next version.
    b) I understand all subsequent upgrades will be free??
    c) And will upgrading a theme with a newer version disturb the already working Classipress website in any way? Specially if it has loads of data?
    d) Finally, can you please tell of a few live working examples of your theme being used anywhere? many thanks in advance and sorry for the rather long question.
    Best

Norms

Classipress Standard edition

Can you also please explain this
    "ClassiPress Standard Edition $99
    $99 for lifetime updates. v3.0.5.4 - Hide Details

This package includes unlimited licenses to use ClassiPress on multiple web sites. It's a perfect package for personal use or small to medium-sized businesses. It includes all the same powerful features as the Developer Edition but does not include the Photoshop (.psd) design files. You may alter the theme as you wish but support will only cover the original layout and configuration."

What exactly is the Photoshop (.psd) Design files? What is their relevance? What advantage will I get if I buy Classipress developer Edition?
    Thanks in advance,
    Best

Thanks
    a) Currently if you purchase any of our themes, these come with free lifetime updates - so yes you will be able to upgrade to the v3.1 (and future) releases at no extra cost. We will soon be introducing an annual subscription fee, so if you make purchases after that is introduced then upgrades will be subject to an annual cost, however existing customers will continue to receive the free lifetime updates.

b) Yes, see above.

c) The only way the upgrade would effect an existing ClassiPress installation is if you have made a lot of code changes/customizations to the theme. In terms of ads, user data etc, this is not effected.

d) You can check both the AppThemes Showcase as well as the "Showcase& Feedback" section of our forums for live
    customer sites.

The Photoshop .psd files are useful if you're planning to redesign the layout of the theme (mainly used by web designers). If you plan to keep to the general layout of the default theme then you probably won't need it. These files are the only difference between the Standard and Developer licenses. Also note, if you purchased Standard and decided later to upgrade to Developer, you could always do that anyway..

Norms

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    a) Currently if you purchase any of our themes, these come with free lifetime updates - so yes you will be able to upgrade to the v3.1 (and future) releases at no extra cost. We will soon be introducing an annual subscription fee, so if you make purchases after that is introduced then upgrades will be subject to an annual cost, however existing customers will continue to receive the free lifetime updates.

b) Yes, see above.

c) The only way the upgrade would effect an existing ClassiPress installation is if you have made a lot of code changes/customizations to the theme. In terms of ads, user data etc, this is not effected.

d) You can check both the AppThemes Showcase as well as the "Showcase& Feedback" section of our forums for live
    customer sites.

The Photoshop .psd files are useful if you're planning to redesign the layout of the theme (mainly used by web designers). If you plan to keep to the general layout of the default theme then you probably won't need it. These files are the only difference between the Standard and Developer licenses. Also note, if you purchased Standard and decided later to upgrade to Developer, you could always do that anyway..
    Thanks a lot for the detailed answer

Thread Information