Thread: Stop SPAM posts in classipress?

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate steev's Avatar
    Thanks

Stop SPAM posts in classipress?

Hi..
    My current non classipress classifieds sitesuffers from fake iPhone adverts and repeated registration.

If i swap to classipress is there a way to stop spammers posting fake ads with classipress (I do NOT want to moderate each post pre-submission - not a solution).

For example.. can genuine users flag a post as spam and then the moderator check / delete it?
    If that is not possible what would be the suggested solution.- is there a wordpress pluggin for this?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Automated bot registration/posting can easily be thwarted with some recaptcha plugin but for human posted spam likewise it can be prevented by using a plugin that bans a range of IPs that are mostly used by the spammers.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by steev View Post
    Hi..
    My current non classipress classifieds sitesuffers from fake iPhone adverts and repeated registration.

If i swap to classipress is there a way to stop spammers posting fake ads with classipress (I do NOT want to moderate each post pre-submission - not a solution).

For example.. can genuine users flag a post as spam and then the moderator check / delete it?
    If that is not possible what would be the suggested solution.- is there a wordpress pluggin for this?

Thanks in advance.
    yes they are human, and capcha is not help at all, but i successfully reduce the them 90%.
    i create new array (manually) with the word of spam title as a array content, and then compare each word title of the ads posted with the each content of array, if they value is not empty it's mean ads will not saved to database.
    Lucky me because my ads website is in unique keyword and it's in local language. so it's very easy for me to filter each post.

Thanks
    Sorry forgot to login :

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes they are human, and capcha is not help at all, but i successfully reduce the them 90%.
    i create new array (manually) with the word of spam title as a array content, and then compare each word title of the ads posted with the each content of array, if they value is not empty it's mean ads will not saved to database.
    Lucky me because my ads website is in unique keyword and it's in local language. so it's very easy for me to filter each post.

Thanks
    I use this plugin for such behavior WordPress › Better WP Security « WordPress Plugins

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirko13 View Post
    I use this plugin for such behavior WordPress › Better WP Security « WordPress Plugins
    very nice share ... useful plugin indeed .... Thanks mirko :) http://imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Thread Information