Thread: sub-domains with different languages

Unregistered

sub-domains with different languages

Hi,

is it possible to set up ClassiPress in such a way that it runs in english in www.example.com and, say, in french in a sub-domain fr.example.com (provided the language pack is available)?

many thanks,

Andrea

Thanks
    Yes you could have the theme in various languages this way, however having the data (ads) the same across all of these installations is a different matter and would require additional customization on your part (you could refer to WordPress/Google for more information on shared databases). If you're not looking to have the same ad data on each then this doesn't matter. In relation to multiple languages, you may also like to read this. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes you could have the theme in various languages this way, however having the data (ads) the same across all of these installations is a different matter and would require additional customization on your part (you could refer to WordPress/Google for more information on shared databases). If you're not looking to have the same ad data on each then this doesn't matter. In relation to multiple languages, you may also like to read this. Thanks.
    Dear pepsi,

thanks a lot for your clarification. I plan NOT to have the same data across the sites, so each sub-domain is a different site with a different set of ads. In this case, is the WMPL bridge plugin necessary or I just need ClassiPress and its language packs?

I hope that after I buy the theme, somebody will tell me how to deal with this situation more specifically (I'm a newbie..)
    best regards,

Andrea

Thanks
    No the plugin is not necessary, it's only used for multiple languages on a single installation, so as each installation is independent of each other you can just use a different language pack for each. Our team can certainly assist with use of language packs. You may also like to check out this documentation relating to a WordPress multisite setup. Thanks.

Unregistered
    thanks very much, very useful and clear!

Andrea

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information