Thread: Turn Off Ratings/Reviews & Control Listings

Unregistered

Turn Off Ratings/Reviews & Control Listings

Hi,

I am interested in Vantage, just had a couple of questions...

1) Can I turn off Ratings & Reviews as I do not want to include them?

2) Can I control the listings, and not let businesses login?

I want to keep my directory as simple as possible and on my current directory I get businesses to request a listing, I create it for them and they let me know if they are happy with it.

I do not want anyone else creating logins except my agents who will be in control of the listings.

Also, can I have a user for each area that adds the listings?

For example: I want to look after one county and I want to be registered as the Author who has created the listings in my county.

And I want to have one Author in each county, and they will each be seen as the persons who created the listings in their area.

Google shows my Google+ Profile next to the business listings on the Google page, will the same work on your site?

Thank you.

Thanks
    1) There is currently no setting in the Vantage admin which would allow you to disable the ratings/reviews feature, so it would require some customization of the default theme code on your part if you wanted to remove this.

2) Yes, you can disable registration on the site by un-checking a setting in the WordPress admin dashboard, which means that only the admin could create listings.

You can create user accounts manually from the WordPress admin, and when listings are created you can assign those listings to specific users you have set up (or simply log in with the account and create the listing).

Assuming you are referring to the Google places/business reviews, the information which appears for the business in Google is linked to whatever Google account you used to sign up with. Thanks.

Thread Information