Thread: Two languages

Unregistered

Two languages

Hi,

Can I use Vantage for a directory that needs to be displayed in two languages?

Thanks

Thanks
    Our themes are not specifically designed for a multi-language setup where you can switch between languages, but it can be translated to one language at a time with the use of language files. Although there are WordPress plugins available which offer this functionality, we cannot guarantee that they will be 100% compatible with the theme, as they are not tested for this.

Hopfoto

Re: Two Languges

I would be very interested in this. Looking at using Vantage for a project and instead of making seperate subdomains for languages, a language switcher would be a fantastic feature for the next release.

Thanks
    Although I haven't seen mention of it specifically used with Vantage, there are some customers who have tried the WPML plugin with ClassiPress and JobRoller with some amount of success, although not 100% (i.e. some fields remain untranslated). One such related thread here has a link to show it in action on the customers JobRoller site, but as he and others have stated, there are a few things that don't necessarily work correctly. AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so essentially if you were to try these, it would be up to you to make the necessary changes to make this work. We have had past discussions with the creators of the plugin who also carried out some testing on their end for compatibility, however this has never been fully resolved to the point where we can guarantee it will work. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopfoto View Post
    I would be very interested in this. Looking at using Vantage for a project and instead of making seperate subdomains for languages, a language switcher would be a fantastic feature for the next release.
    I also approve of this one! Very switching between languages ​​directly from the public interface of a site!

Thread Information