Thread: "Users Creating a Listing"

Malarkey01

"Users Creating a Listing"

Hi,

I am very very new to the whole creating web pages and using WP etc, so this may be an easy answer I have no idea. I appreciate all help I can get!

Question: the theme has the button "Create your listing" which from what I understand, allows the customer to click, create, pay for, and then list their own listing on my site.

My question is, is there a way that I (being the admin) would be able to create the listing instead of me trying to get the client to do it? I will be contacting preferred clients who will be paying a premium for my listing site, and it will be hard for me to get them to buy my services, let alone getting them to go on and "waste" their time to create the listing. I would rather sell them the listing, then just go create it myself. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Yes, you can easily create listings from within the WordPress admin dashboard if you wish (and then assign the listing to the user if you will be allowing them ability to edit the listing), and in turn if you want to prevent users registering to your site to post listings you can also do that too. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thats perfect. Thanks

If I was to create listing for them in backoffice, how would they pay for it? Is there a way they can somewhere click "pay now" and pay? The only way I can see a customer can pay is if they go through "create listing" process themselves...

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    That's correct, the only way built into the theme to charge for listings is via the listing process, so if you're manually doing this from the wp-admin dashboard then unfortunately no there is no option for the customer to pay afterwards. It would ultimately be a manual process you'd have to organize outside of the theme. You could place the listing for a short period for free, and then allow the renewal email to be sent, which they can then upgrade to a paid listing, however there is no guarantee they will select paid options. Thanks.

Thread Information