Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vantage Questions

Unregistered

Vantage Questions

Very interested in Vantage, but I have a few questions.

I will be using it as a directory of music artists.

1. Can I customize the home page listings - I'd like to have a larger image, and also determine what custom fields I can place in the home page listing.

2. When a user is creating a listing, can they select multiple listing categories? The demo shows a select box as the category selector - but in my case checkboxes would be better.

3. Can one of the custom fields accept URL's eg Youtube videos?

4. Is the listing page fully customizable via CSS or Child-Theme eg Image borders, etc - I know I can do stuff via CSS, but I don't want my customizations to make the theme difficult to upgrade.

5. When someone creates a listing, are they added to the Wordpress Users list - where I can expose member only content, send email, etc...

6. Can the paid feature listings be recurring in billing - or do they need to be created/ordered every month?

Thanks
    1. Can I customize the home page listings - I'd like to have a larger image, and also determine what custom fields I can place in the home page listing.
    You can customize this. It would require some code changes via a child theme. If you know a little HTML/CSS, this shouldn't be a problem. You could also check our upcoming marketplace ( https://marketplace.appthemes.com ) for pre-made Vantage child themes that change the look and feel of Vantage. The marketplace hasn't been officially announced but products are already selling at this time. In particular, you can check out the Advantage child theme. You can also add custom fields easily with our custom form builder. Check out a video explaining the custom form builder here: http://docs.appthemes.com/tutorials/...m-form-builder

2. When a user is creating a listing, can they select multiple listing categories? The demo shows a select box as the category selector - but in my case checkboxes would be better.
    Currently, an item can be listed in only one category.

3. Can one of the custom fields accept URL's eg Youtube videos?
    I believe that is not possible at this time, but you can add YouTube embed code to the description area. You can see an example of that here:
    http://demos.appthemes.com/vantage/l...shadetree-cafe

4. Is the listing page fully customizable via CSS or Child-Theme eg Image borders, etc - I know I can do stuff via CSS, but I don't want my customizations to make the theme difficult to upgrade.
    We encourage everyone to use child themes for customizations. While an update to theme may upset a thing or two in your child themes, we tread very carefully when adding code. You can see a tutorial on creating child themes for Vantage here: http://docs.appthemes.com/tutorials/...tarted-styling

5. When someone creates a listing, are they added to the Wordpress Users list - where I can expose member only content, send email, etc...
    Users need to have an account to create a listing. By default, they would already be a part of the users list. It's easy to allow people to sign up. You simply change the registration setting in WordPress.

6. Can the paid feature listings be recurring in billing - or do they need to be created/ordered every month?
    Right now, we do not have recurring or subscription pricing. When a listing expires or is about to expire, the business owner receives an email letting them know. There are plans to add recurring pricing at a later date.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers.

Unregistered

Few extra questions

I understand that a listing can only belong to one category, but could I create additional taxonomies using the custom fields? eg Genre, Instrument - and would they be searchable eg if I search for "Guitar" and put in my location "New York" will it find a user who has "guitar" as a custom field and is located in New York.

Thanks
    You could add custom fields with our custom form builder. Unfortunately, custom fields created with the form builder are not searchable.

Thanks
    REALLY needs recurring billing before I can see purchasing this theme

also.. listings need to be sortable by custom forms.. pretty imperative

Thanks
    Regarding recurring billing, I have responded to your other thread. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, this is a feature request that was submitted in the AppThemes ideas exchange, where our development team have indicated that this feature is planned for version 1.2. Unfortunately we do not have a specific time frame to give you as to when this version will be available. The release history for Vantage so far can be found here.

Thanks
    Can we add coupons to the description area. Is there a plugin for this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gators64 View Post
    Can we add coupons to the description area. Is there a plugin for this?
    There is no coupon feature built into Vantage, however there is a plugin available in the AppThemes marketplace for coupons. The field becomes available when the customer is completing their listing form, not in the description. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Right now, we do not have recurring or subscription pricing. When a listing expires or is about to expire, the business owner receives an email letting them know. There are plans to add recurring pricing at a later date.
    Has this feature been added? Quite frankly I would likely not purchase Vantage without this feature.

Thanks
    No this is still not a feature of Vantage, but is something we are looking at for a future release of the theme. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information