Thread: Will this work for my needs?

Unregistered

Will this work for my needs?

I need kind of a micro directory...with fewer features.

My client is actually just a group of businesses (17 or 18 of them) that are all housed in one building together. I want to create a directory that showcases JUST the businesses in this building. Therefore, the big map, and the Search bar and the Near bar are unnecessary.

Also, I want the business owners to be able to Add Events and Add/Edit their directory listings, but I don't want the general public to see these button links and use them.

Where the big map is now, I would prefer a slider.

Does it sound like I could modify this enough to make it work for this purpose?

Thanks
    Yes certainly you could make relevant modifications as not all of these options are default settings in the theme (such as a slider), however you can choose not to have the homepage map displayed, and customize where needed. AppThemed does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. Thanks.

Unregistered
    OK. But I cannot afford to hire a developer as this is an unpaid job I am doing as a community service as it is mostly non-profit groups.

So to be more specific, in the confines of the current settings, do you think it will be hard to completely get rid of the search / near bar?

And then to move the Add Event / Add listing to only be on a page that has no direct path from the public page?

And if I can find a slider plug-in somewhere I could add that, right?

Thanks again. Just do not want to pay my own money for something that won't work for me when I am not being paid for the job.

Thanks
    In terms of whether or not you can make the changes you want to, then yes it is possible as our themes are not encrypted. How easy this is, is ultimately relative to your level of coding knowledge though, and as we do not officially support customizations, you'll need to be comfortable in making changes yourself if you're not seeking a developer to do it for you. We also do not officially support third party plugins, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee that all such plugins would definitely be compatible with our themes. Thanks.

Thread Information