Thread: Ad Squares widget

Thanks

Ad Squares widget

Ad Squares plugin
    Has anyone ever used the Ad Squares plugin from www.primothemes.com? I would like to be able to have different ad banners on each category and sub-category pages, but I'm not a programmer and don't understand the information and example below enough to know if what the developer is saying will work for me or not. The reason I'm asking is because I have contacted the developer, but he hasn't replied to my email. Can someone please help me? I just need to know if this plugin will do what I need it too. If so, then I need someone to tell me how to change the code in the files.

Description For This WordPress® Widget is below.

This widget makes it possible for you to display 125x125 ad squares ( or some other configurable size ) into a widget-ready bar for WordPress®. You can have just 2 squares, or as many as 8 running together. It also supports multi-widget options. So technically you could have even more than 8 if you add it to a bar more than once. Each ad square accepts any HTML/JavaScript code, so it will work with standard affiliate ads, or even with ad network codes. You can also configure the widget to shuffle the positioning of your squares if you like.

The Ad Squares widget supports embedded PHP code too. If you know a little PHP scripting, you could add conditionals to the code that you place into this widget. For example, if you wanted to show different ads based on the category that is currently being displayed on your blog, you could do something like this:

<?php if(is_category("green-lizards")): ?>

insert green lizard ad campaign here

<?php elseif(is_category("purple-socks")): ?>

insert purple socks ad here

<?php else: ?>

insert default ad code here

<?php endif; ?>

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information