ClassiPress 3.3 in a Multi-Site environment
I have searched the forum, if this issue has been raised in the past, but the threads I found did not help much. Also, I cannot say if this issue was already present in previous versions of the theme.
- WordPress 3.5.1 MS, with subdomain; currently consisting of the parent and one child: http://regio-anzeigen.ch (ch) and http://sg.regio-anzeigen.ch (sg)
- Both sites are using ClassiPress 3.3 (unfortunately, I did not test the beta for its multisite capabilities)
- There is just one plugin - interactive world maps - which has never been activated for the child site (sg). I have also completely removed it and emptied the cache via the System Info Tab - no change.
- I am using my own German language files - but removing those from the /wp-content/languages/themes/ folder does not solve the issue.
- As you probably noticed, it appears that on the child (sg) the styling is different. Especially the orange button is not orange, but also the background is plain white rather than the elegant background on the parent (ch).
- Another thing I also noticed: on the parent site, I had changed the titles of the ClassiPress related pages on the dashboard, not in the language files - when activating the theme on the child, these pages were immediately in their changed form (i.e. German titles). Odd, isn't it?
So, I am looking for a work-around or a permanent solution to get the styleing to be identical. If I had to guess, this is an issue with the way the stylesheets are fetched in wrapper/header/whatever php, but I could not figure it out on my own. Potentially this will be a nationwide project, so I am quite anxious to get this pilot going. I could, of course, run completely separate installations of WordPress for the children, but I would - at least for now - prefer the multisite setup. Wonder, if somebody could suggest a solution.