Thread: ClassiPress does not validate form submission on server-side!

Thanks

ClassiPress does not validate form submission on server-side!

BUG: Users can bypass field requirements and format restrictions when submitting ads ------------------------------ Steps to reproduce: Go to AppThemes demo site: http://demos.appthemes.com/classipress/ ------------------------ 1. Select a category (e.g. Auto > Boats > Sail boats). ------------------------2. Notice “Title”, “Price”, “State” , “City”, and “Description” are required (the fields have asterisks).------------------------ 3. Fill out all of those fields except for “Price” (leave that one blank). --------------------------- 4. Use a live HTML inspector (e.g. in FireFox, right-click the “Price” field and press “Q”; or use Firebug) to remove the “required” class from the “cp_price” input element. ------------------------ 5. Click the “Continue” button to submit the form. --------------------------- 6. Notice the “Price” field is empty in the “Review Your Listing” page. Whatever server-side validation was done to the field didn’t catch it. --------------------------- Final Step: 7. Since the ClassiPress demo site won’t allow visitors to post ads, I performed the above steps on a random ClassiPress-based site I found online. I was able to post an ad without a required price. --------------------------- Question to an AppThemes representative: Where else do you rely completely on client-side validation in ClassiPress? Customers can work to patch these holes until you release a fix. ==================== Note: FORUM ISN'T LETTING ME FORMAT MY POST (no newlines, not HTML, no attachments). What is going on?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information