Thread: Displaying Ad Categories in a horizontal Menu

Thanks

Displaying Ad Categories in a horizontal Menu

Hi All,
    I am very new to WordPress, so forgive me if this seems silly. I have read numerous forums and still can't get the basics working so I have to ask here.

I am using Classipress and want to list a lot of Ad Categories with a strong hierarchy. I've added 74 so far and that's not even half way. At the very top level I only have 3 elements, 'Computer','Mobile Phones','Cameras'. Underneath these top level items (Parents), I break then down into categories and then even further for some. ie: Computers>Networking>Modems

Very much like they do at this website: ww.argos.co.uk I would like to have my top 3 elements as Menu items on the horizontal bar, next to HOME. Then under each menu item I want to display the Ad Categories relevant to the parent.

I've read many tutorials and forum messages but still can't get this working. I can't even see the new menu name when I create and save it.

I understand that all of this happens in WordPress, not ClassiPress. And I am working in Appearance>Menus.

I know that Ad Categories don't display here, but 'Post Categories' do. One tut said that I should provide the URL for say 'Computers' but I still can't see the new menu item and wonder if its as simple as 'switching something on'?

any help for a noob would be greatly appreciated. even if you flame me and point me where I should have read in the first place.

thanks,

John.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information