Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google maps stopped working after change of domain name? Plus problems with IE9 and

Thanks

Google maps stopped working after change of domain name? Plus problems with IE9 and

Hi Classipress team

I have looked at many of the other problems reported with google maps but I have not found a solution. Therefore I take the liberty to write this.

I am still on an older version of classipress and wordpress because I do not dare update until you get it to work with the different plugins such as print, email, and also I also need to know it works with my custom fields plugin, and also my user control (users are not automatically approved. I do this from admin.

So there are quite a number of things that I need to be sure off before I upgrade

BUT I STILL HAVE AN URGENT NEED TO GET MY DEMO TO WORK AGAIN SO I CAN DEMONSTRATE TO A VERY IMPORTANT POTENTIAL PARTNER...

MY PROBLEM IS:
    Google maps no longer work after change of main domain and there are also problems with Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4.

Description: I had a main domain XX with a subdomain YY.XX where classipress was installed. Then I bought a new domain name ZZ and had my host change this to be my main domain on my hosting. This also means that the subdomains correspond to the new main domain YY.ZZ

I have of course been into the admin of classipress and entered a new Google Maps key that corresponds to the new master domain ZZ (this should also ad the google functionality to all subdomains). But the maps does not appear anymore?? In the map tab/box I can see the zoom controls, the link where one can click to reads Googles terms and I can see a google logo but no map only a grey square filling the entire box as background????

And when I initially try to access my site and view and ad and its map my browser now tells me that google maps is not compatible with the browser. And this goes for both Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4.

Does Google maps no longer work with Classipress? - Old versions and new? This would be a disaster.

I am not complaining like a grumpy old man. I think you do great work Classipress is awesome but there seems to be quite some holes around so I do not dare to update to the newest version and I cannot get the old one to work now....

And I have a hugely important meeting in a few days where I am to present to a possible partner...

I hope someone can tell me how to fix the problems with google maps?

Cheers
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information