Thread: how to protect your website

Thanks

how to protect your website

Hi few days a go one of my client website got hacked and again it was hacked couples of times, i saw below massage from some one posted on this forum but i couldn't reply to that post

check the below massage it's exactly the same as mine

How Hack-Proof is it?
    For several years I've used a classified script on my website. It was a php script which I'd paid a programmer to write. It was tailored to my needs and worked ok. (It did have a few short-comings, but nothing major.)

In June 2010, I was hit by a hacker and my 13 domains, which are all hosted in the same domain area, were individually altered one or two every day for over a month. I had to check my sites dozens of times a day to stay abreast of the problem. My index.html and index.php files would be replaced with index files which said "You've been hacked!" and provided pro-terrorist messages. I could replace the corrupted files, but in a few days, they'd be corrupted again. My websites are huge so although I tried finding the problem, I wasn't successful. I couldn't figure our how the hacker(s) were getting in.

I put up with these daily hacker attacks for nearly two months before my domain hosting company was able to determine that my classified script was letting the hackers in. Since I know very little about scripting, I certainly don't understand how it was accomplished. Once I was told that the classified area was the problem, I deleted the that service from my website. The problems stopped, when the portal was eliminated.

But I really want to offer a free classified area on my domain and I am somewhat familiar with WordPress since I use it for my blog. I'm wondering how hack-proof Classipress is.

The classified service I'll offer will be a free listing of used musical instruments. (I sell new discounted instruments from one of my websites so it's a huge draw to have a used area where folks can compare my discounted prices against the prices for used instruments.)

I'll approve the ads before they appear.

I'm wondering if I buy Classipress and get it up, will I be better off than I was with the script which the hackers were able to invade at will. It's been such a nightmare and I don't want to go through the trouble and expense of setting up Classipress, if hackers can get in and mess up my 13 domains.

How hack-proff is Classipress? Is there anything else that is even safer? (I've even though of putting up the individual postings for the advertisers, but that sounds just too time consuming and it is a FREE service.)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Thanks

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks

Thread Information