Logged out on homepage - need help
Hi all, this has become a serious problem for me which I have tried numourous things in order to fix it. Basically whats is happening is when I login I can post an add and get to the backend and do everything great but when I click the home button I am not logged into the theme anymore and actually I am taken to a live site I have classipress. I will go down through what I have done.
1. I have no plugins installed, no total cache plugin no seo
2. I have reset my permalinks to all the different combinations and the recommended /%postname%/ one.
3. I have replaced classipress with 2010 and all works fine - the home button does not redirect or log me in or out anywhere.
4. I have installed a fresh classipress and also an old one from previous versions. Sill each version gives this weird redirect.
5. I have put in place a new htacess file - and there are no 301 redirects or anything of the sort.
All of this can be seen here at this test site - excuse the layout: festival | Mutantspace
The reason I have sent you to the page in the link above is because if I sent you to the homepage you would be redirected off to some other site.
I have a live production site where this problem is happening at Arts Skills Exchange | Mutantspace
but the problem here is simply that if you click the home button you need to login and/or register once again to do anything.
I then setup the test site above to test this problem and try and fix but the homepage mysteriously keeps redirectly back to this production site. Again as I say if I switch to any other theme all works fine. Also the database has been changed correctly. I have moved hundreds of wordpress sites and no the correct procedures but I must admit this has completely stumbed me now.
Is there anything in the database I can change - besides the usual options table. I have replaced every instance in the database of the old URL with my new one on this test site and still it goes off to the production site when you click the home button.
Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a fix? I have genuinely tried everything I can think of. at this stage and need some good advice.
Also my backup is on a totally different server to the production site incase there was some weird redirect going on - which I have ruled out completely.