Thread: Main page ad thumbnails are using large image instead of ad-thumb in legacy ads

Thanks

Main page ad thumbnails are using large image instead of ad-thumb in legacy ads

In my ongoing search for ways to speed up a classifieds site, I noticed something that somehow got passed me before.
    The thumbnail image is actually using the large image in legacy ads. It's the correct "thumbnail size". But it's being sized down with an inline style. This is causing seriously slow page loads with only a few ads being displayed on the front page.

How can I change this? Or better yet, what did I do to cause this to happen in the first place? I have my settings in WP set for thumbs to be 50 x 50 but they are not being used.

For an example of what I am talking about try this.
    Visit Runninghorses.net (one of my favorite examples of a nicely styled CP site). On her site, right click on one of the thumbnails and then "open in new window" or "view image". Whatever the case may be.

You will see that it opens a real thumbnail. So the page loads faster and the large version of the image is only loaded when requested.

Now, for a comparison go to the Classipress demo site. Demo Center | AppThemes If you right click and open the thumb image for the demo ad entitled "Brand New Ducati" it's the large image being used for the thumb. And there are a few others. But the top 4 ads on that page all open tiny thumbnails. So those must be newer ads.

So, how do we resize or regenerate thumbs for legacy ads, as well as attach to them without doing it one at a time? Has anyone dealt with this issue either with a plugin or other method?

The site in question is using WP 3.1 and CP 3.0.5.3 updated from 3.0.5.2. I've tried the setting for zoom or crop on legacy ads. I don't notice any difference.

Thanks,
    TroyD

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    ~Ramsey

Thread Information