Thread: Need help please....

Thanks

Need help please....

Hi,

I discovered yesterday that if you use IE when uploading an ad it takes a different layout on the page then it does on chrome. On chrome while the ad pics are uploading you can see a % sign in the left corner showing the picture is being uploaded. On IE and firefox you do not see this.

This makes the page look as if nothing is happening at all and it's crashed. You find yourself repeatedly clicking on the continue button expecting something to happen.

Alot of people nowadays use DSLR camers for taking pics which leads to a bigger image filesize. Of course this also means for alot of people it would take a while to upload their pics. I have software that allows me to see who is connected and where on the site they are browsing. I have noticed many people are in the add new section for quite a while, yet no new add appears. Now this just maybe them browsing and leaving their pc at that page while they do something else or it could be that because it looks like the page is doing nothing they are thinking the site is crashing and giving up. I must add that i had a user mail me a week or two back saying he couldn't upload pics to my site so i got him to send them to me and they uploaded fine. I am now wondering if maybe he thought the site was crashing because he saw nothing happening.

Anyway to combat this i have put a small message below the continue button but i still think that people maybe leaving because they see nothing happening.

I would like to know if there is a way you can get the % sign showing in IE and firefox when pics are being uploaded..?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thread Information