Thread: The Poster's Dashboard PROBLEM

Thanks

The Poster's Dashboard PROBLEM

This is really a problem with the tpl-dashboard.php logic functions---

Once the user has posted in to their dashboard and sees an ad or list of ads available to edit all that is presented is a tiny little Pencil icon with no hover-over Tip on what it enables and no visible text that simply says "To Edit this Ad".

But the little icon to the right, dangerously close to the EDIT icon, the innocuous symbol that evidently is supposed to be universally recognized as STOP...that thing is truly a KILLER! There is no text, no Tip, to explain what that symbol represents. And a click to investigate.....uh oh......too late!

I can imagine the emails I would get over that one once the site went public and I got users. They can accidentally cancel their ad in one click and have no recourse until they email the admin and wait for a response.

Also, the logic in tpl-dashboard.php does not seem to provide re-listing if the ad was free to begin with.

One investigatory click, or accidental click, on that benign looking icon by a new user and the Ad is Cancelled. And I see that I can RE-List with PayPal or whatever default Payment service. But there is no intermediate step to give the customer a chance to re-evaluate or back out of that click.

Surely that has to be changed.

Click that Icon and there is no followup "Are You Sure?" warning--- example:

"You are about to Remove Your Ad! Are you sure this is what you want to do? If so please continue by pressing the Remove Ad button below. If you do not want to Remove your ad please select the CANCEL option button below."

For the time being I am going to have to explain this in text by adding it to the tpl-dashboard.php.

Thanks

Re: The Poster's Dashboard PROBLEM

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information