Thread: V3 - Sans Grace?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

V3 - Sans Grace?

First & foremost, i DO (heart) ClassiPress. For me, it has added a whole new dimention as to what I can publish online: so thank you very much. It has taken the much-beloved WordPress and build so beautifully on top of, or more-accurately, integrated seamlessly into it. So don't take this as Classi-bashing; it is but constructive user criticism.

• While I know not too many view websites sans javascript, I was expecting some sort of graceful degradation without it, especially where validity is listed as a theme feature.

But there's not.

There's just a HUGE gaping hole void of content, and layout, and explanation, and understanding. I'm not joking - there's a vacant hole that's must be 500px (?) high right below the non-functioning featured item scoller, which is right below the categories menu link (and drop-down menu) that doesn't work. At all.

So you need to scroll down to about 800px (?) to get to any content, which is a hugely-long list of category menus. To me, this seems long-removed from a classified listings design, who's primary purpose is to showcase classifieds ads ?

I've said before, today even - v3, which has some serious additional features, has an equal number of design/usability ponders. Most of which likely have a logical explanation; they might just be hard to see. Like the non-linked logo header which I just noticed? How many users will click that non-linked logo as navigation? Hmmm .... most of them I'd say.

And the new menu drop down which is SO. COOL. So why have twice on the home page? (The drop-down menu simply drops down over the identical category list behind it? It seems like such a huge wast of above-the-fold screen real estate.

Anyway, ClassiPress still rocks the socks off everything else I've seen. But to me, degradation matters.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: V3 - Sans Grace?

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button below.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thread Information