Thread: Main Navigation

Thanks

Main Navigation

I am trying to add additional navigational tabs to my main menu. These are the steps that I have done already. I went to the pages menu area, and added the page Title "Grocery" to a new page. Then I went to the menu area to add it to my navigational bar. It did not show up anything. I tried to research it to see what I was doing wrong. So, I went to the drop down help area within our WP backend dashboard.

It referred me to the Wordpress.org Codex. I took me to the Appearance Menu Screen page in WordPress Codex (http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen) page. That page referred me to the Themes php. file. I read the instructions on the WordPress Codex page, which are still unclear to me. I am not a software developer. So, I re-read the instruction again to make sure I have a clear understanding of what they are saying abou php. files. I am not familiar with this function and I am not comfortable make any changes.

Anyway, when I went to the editor page in my backend area to about these changes. I saw this message on this page about your software. Your software clearly states to "Do not modify this theme make a child theme instead. What child Theme? I was not made aware that I needed to install a child them. Also, I need help on trying to figure out this Theme php. file to add new navigational menu's.

How are we suppose to know what to do on the backend for website changes without clear instructions. When I downloaded the software it did not mention a child theme. Will that my job easier? If I add a child theme. I bought this Theme on Jan 4, 2012 without any hesitation. I feel that AppThemes Company is lacking in instructions, videos, and communication with the purchaser. You software makes this statement <?php
    /**
    * Theme functions file
    * DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE. Make a child theme instead: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
    * @package Clipper
    * @author AppThemes
    */

// Framework
    require( dirname(__FILE__) . '/framework/load.php' );

// Theme-specific files
    require( dirname(__FILE__) . '/includes/theme-functions.php' );

Then you software say this-

<?php
    /**
    * Core theme functions
    * This file is the backbone and includes all the core functions
    * Modifying this will void your warranty and could cause
    * problems with your instance. Proceed at your own risk!
    * @author AppThemes
    * @package Clipper

I want to know who will help me about this. The other Themes that I have bought from other software developers were very clear on what "us" the customer needed to do. So, where do I go? It clearly states to do not touch these files. I am at a loss. I would like for someone to please contact me about this particular problem. At this time I want to know where are the child themes. How to add navigational menu tabs. Do I have to contact you all for every change on the backend. Is this product for developers only. The advertisement gives the impression that even a beginners, intermediate, and advanced users can use this software with ease. Could someone please contact me with an answer to these questions.

Dianne

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Mkbconnect.net | Connecting business with people

Follow me on Twitter @djcfranse or Connect with me on Facebook and Plus

Thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information