Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aj2703

Thread: Google Maps Key

Thanks

Google Maps Key

I can NEVER figure this out.

In settings there is a link to here https://developers.google.com/maps/d.../start#api_key

Top of the page in the header area it says get a key so I click on it.

An enable google maps Geocoding API box comes up with Select or create project. I select create a project and type my website name into it then click on Enable Api.

A few seconds pass and the box changes and displays an api key. I copy this key and then paste it into jobroller Admin / Settings / General / Api Key box and save.

No matter how many sites and how many different keys it never seems to work and I either get support here to sort it or the child theme author to sort it.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong as I can't for the life of me work it out.

This is what I get in console after saving the key

2/wp-content/themes/joby/styles/?ver=4.7.3 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
    jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    js:35 Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/d...-key-map-error
    _.qb @ js:35
    maps.google.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/28/5/intl/en_gb/util.js:211 Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/d...es#no-api-keys
    XA.j @ maps.google.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/28/5/intl/en_gb/util.js:211
    maps.google.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/28/5/intl/en_gb/util.js:211 Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/d...r-not-required
    XA.j @ maps.google.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/28/5/intl/en_gb/util.js:211
    norfolkjobs.net/ Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    jomarkosabel likes this.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information