Thread: Maintenance Mode Plugin - Not letting me login

Thanks

Maintenance Mode Plugin - Not letting me login

I installed the wp-maintenance-mode plugin on my job roller site while i develop it, now I can't login to the site...instead if you click the 'Admin-Login' link that would normally re-direct you to the jobroller login page it reloads the maintenance page.

I had a test wordpress/jobroller installation on a subdomain previously and ran into the same problem a couple months ago. I found the problem to that then, but I don't remember what the solution was...I only have an old email to a colleague saying it had to do with setting permissions...but that didn't help me now, I tried to set the permissions from 755 to 777...(didn't work)...then i set it back to 755 (on the wp-maintenance-mode plugin directory).

You can see the problem here (click the 'admin-login' link in the bottom left): http://www.connect4careers.com

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You can try removing the plugin via FTP so you can log-in again. Then you can troubleshoot the issue by using another maintenance mode plugin as it could be due to plugin conflict.

Update: Probably a plugin conflict as I have installed wp-maintenance-mode on my Jobroller test site and it exhibited the same behaviour.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    True, but then I wouldn't have the maintenance mode that I am needing.

I know for a fact that it does work, only I forgot what the solution was...all I know is that it had something to do with permissions.

this is the dev site that has the exact same wp-maintenance plugin: http://test.connect4careers.com if you click the admin-login link it works.

I need it to work on the new site though.

Thanks
    I have not done extensive testing on the wp-maintenance-mode plugin and so I will move this thread to the Plugin Exchange section for community support.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    ok, great...thank you! I hope to get some helpful responses soon.

Thanks
    I also tried another maintenance mode plugin (themefuse-maintenance-mode/) and got the same results...if you try to goto the /wp-admin to login, the maintenance page redirects to itself. After I did this, I deleted the theme fuse plugin and re-activated the wp-maintenance mode plugin (like i posted previously).

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
    A workaround that I have found with the plugin is by NOt using the provided login link. Instead use direcly the link format below;

Code:
    http://jobroller.finebabycribs.com/wp-admin
    With it, you are then redirected to the login page.

Just let me know if it works for you.

Thread Information