Thread: Warning: the Query Multiple Taxonomies plugin doesn't work with Vantage

Thanks

Warning: the Query Multiple Taxonomies plugin doesn't work with Vantage

I'm starting this new thread because the following one has been closed, but there's still a serious issue in my view:

http://forums.appthemes.com/error-wh...e-theme-30889/

I had trouble yesterday installing Vantage because, as it transpired, most plugins by Scribu were conflicting. Scribu, as some of you may or may not know, is a developer at AppThemes.

Despite this being a known problem since it was first posted in April, and later identified in May, it wasn't until yesterday when I emailed Scribu alerting him to the problem that it is now fixed.

To his credit he was fast and even greatly enhanced one of his plugins, namely Query Multiple Taxonomies (QMT), as you will see in the now closed thread as referenced above.

I have been following his QMT plugin for some time as I was hoping to implement it in Classipress. It has great potential for anyone running a serious directory as it allows people to essentially filter results through a multitude and combination of categories, tags, custom taxonomies. Very powerful and, for me, a MUST in any serious listing directory.

The enhancement he made to QMT yesterday is the much requested and long awaited ability to filter categories and tags via a series of checkboxes.

Fantastic!

The problem is, as I have recently discovered to my amazement, this will not work with Vantage as Vantage currently only allows site owners and users to assign one category to their listings as it has overridden the way in which the category assignment natively works in WordPress by using radio button as the selection type.

See my post on this subject: http://forums.appthemes.com/category...on-type-35997/

And since Vantage still doesn't allow site owners to create their own custom taxonomies, the QMT is made further redundant.

I can't think of ANY directory listing site that only allows the assignment of just ONE category!

You would have to go back to the dark ages of the web to find one and even then I'd wager it would still present a challenge as they were all multi-level hierarchies.

So, when I say that I can't use Vantage because it's too buggy, I don't mean the QMT is too buggy, I mean Vantage.

Not allowing site owners to assign multi categories is not a 'feature', it's a fundamental bug, especially in the way it has been implemented.

Even in Vantage under its Settings > Categories Menu Item Options - there's provision to set the Category Depth and Number of Sub-Categories!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    @carlos

The QMT plugin is not supported by AppThemes.

For questions/issues regarding plugins please use the WordPress Plugin Exchange forum.

Moving your thread there.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitris View Post
    @carlos

The QMT plugin is not supported by AppThemes.
    That it as may be, but the fact remains the QMT plugin cannot work with Vantage, which is a shame because QMT opens up huge possibilities for
    directory owners

Thread Information