Thread: Pages not being refreshed when navigating backwards.

Thanks

Pages not being refreshed when navigating backwards.

Hi AppThemes team!

Maybe this is a feature of jobroller, but probably I think this is rather a bug.
    During the development of my site, based on jobroller, the whole time the facebook-wiget was activated, and this enforced the page to be refreshed when navigating backwards (I mean visiting again the page before the current one being viewed, e.g. by hitting backspace). When I deactivated the facebook-widget, I noticed that the page which was lastly visited will not be refreshed if you move backwards. This can be observed by the link which was clicked lastly, which remains still selected (this can be seen also in the status bar). My assumption is that the page is loaded 100% from the browser's cache, if you move backwards.
    To make it tangible for you, we can produce the same scenario if we go e.g. to the contact page of jobroller demo About | JobRoller and click any link there. Try to navigate backwards and you will see that the page has not been refreshed. You can notice it from the last link that you clicked before leaving the page. This link is still selected.
    This problem occurs in those browsers: Firefox, IE, and Opera. In chrome it doesn't occur.
    For those people who will suggest using Firebug to check whether the page is fully loaded from cache, or not, I have already tried it. Surprisingly, the bug described above doesn't appear if firebug is opened.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information