Slow query logs, and my hosting partner pulled down my site
My site has been pulled offline. I already posed the question in an other topic (Classipress - sorry mod) but maybe there are also Jobroller users who met this problem (before).
According to my hosting party my site uses a lot MySQL resources. With my limited knowledge I can't figure out what the cause could be.
I've got around 700 jobs and the tables in my database who are the fullest are :
- wp_jr_counter_daily 87504 rows and 2,8 MB
- wp_options 1575 rows and 1,9 MB
- wp_postmeta 14278 rows and 2,6 MB
- wp_posts 2220 rows and 7,2 MB
My Slow query log file from my hosting company stated this:
Date ///Records examined ///Records sent
- 12-06-2012 ///3750 /// 1112
- 04-07-2012/// 173725 ///85590
- 17-07-2012/// 22876/// 11640
- 13-08-2012/// 60869 ///29561
- 19-11-2012/// 22564 ///5569
- 20-11-2012 ///136367 ///61514
- 10-12-2012/// 23490 ///11500
- 28-12-2012/// 12344 ///2467
- 07-01-2013/// 212932 ///106509
- 08-01-2013/// 125677 ///49907
- 21-01-2013/// 171922 ///75440
- 26-01-2013 ///14803 ///6213
- 29-01-2013/// 42834 ///31156
My activated plugins (which I can't access live in the moment) are:
- Hello Dolly
Problems that could be the cause of this (on the top of mind) are:
I've got a tag list which is very long on the homepage
One of my tables are to big and I need to dump the files (but which one?)
According the FAQ of my hosting provider these are the causes:
the lack of indexen? (is maybe a Dutch translation of my hosting provider) or indexing? Meaning that to many files are searched by the queries.
I understand the logic of this statement, but not a clue where to start to make sure this is guarenteed. Or is it easy and just dump one table or more in my database?
Thanks in advance!