Thread: Testing with sandbox

Thanks

Testing with sandbox

I'd hope there was be a comprehensive tutorial on how to setup sandbox for testing purposes. Anyway, I have a few questions. I have setup my account as a "Seller (Use to represent yourself as the merchant)", with the credit card and bank account options chosen. The "Payment Review" is disabled. For this test account, I have enabled the IPN and I am on Google Chrome, also signed in as an admin in my JR site in a different tab. If I am signed in as as admin, both in JR and Sandbox account in Chrome, I can go ahead and select the job pack and "pay" for it, however, the confirmation about the purchase is sent even before the transaction is entirely complete(as long as you choose "Continue to Payment" the "Your order has been submitted with success and will be available as soon as the payment clears...." email is sent but Question 1. shouldn't the purpose of the IPN be to make this process automatic and make sure payment is submitted first and only when successful the confirmation email is sent? If a user gets to the Paypal page and simply chooses to quit, guess what, he/she has an email that says "Your order has been submitted with success and will be available as soon as the payment clears...." though this isn't be the case.

Again, I wish there was a comprehensive tutorial how to setup sandbox for testing purposes. remember on Chrome, I am logged in as an admin in both JR and sandbox and it works "ok", though once payment goes through etc the purchase is still listed as "Pending Payment Packs" on the Dashboard. Anyway, with the set up as such, I go to Firefox, and sign into a job lister account, however, when I choose a job pack and click "Continue to Payment" I am asked to "Please login to use the Paypal Sandbox features", see screenshot attached.The email above "Your order has been submitted with success and will be available as soon as the payment clears...." is sent nonetheless.
    sandbox.JPG

Clearly, as a job lister or recruiter I shouldn't be asked to log in. I should simply choose the job pack and be redirected to the paypal page to either login or directly input creditcard info. Question 2. Where am I going wrong and what should I do? Question 3. How do I rectify the emails to ONLY be sent when appropriate? Question 4. How can I make it such that once the payment is made, the job pack shows as 'active' on the dashboard and NOT 'pending'[after paypal payment, surely users should be able to use their packs immediately]?

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information