Thread: Header Won't Display

Thanks

Header Won't Display

I have been building a directory for several weeks using Vantage (not published yet) and up until a few days ago, my logo header displayed across all pages. Yesterday, I made two changes: 1) I changed the home page to be a "static page" instead of listings because I intend it for to be static when I'm aready and 2) I uploaded the new beta responsive version of Vantage. I don't recall making other changes but I may have added a plug-in or two.

Immediately after the upgrade and static page change, I noticed that my logo header disappeared from every "page" or "post" on the site, but, you could see my logo header on the individual business listing pages.

I reinstalled the header, but it still did not display. Thinking it had something to do with either change, I changed the "static home page" back to "listings" and voila -- the logo header was back. I thought that was the end of it, but still a problem I'd have to address later.

Today, however, I reload my demo site and the header is gone again -- this time from every page, post and listing. I reinstalled the header logo again, and it will not display.

If I hover my mouse over the blank white area where my header logo is supposed to be, I can see the arrow indicating "something" is supposed to be there, and if I click it, it takes me to the home page of my vantage directory -- but otherwise there is nothing -- no color, no logo, no text -- just an expanse of hostile winter white wasteland where my header used to be.

I thought perhaps the new update was buggy and I tried to reinstall the old version, but I can't because I get the error message that certain files are already accounted for and can't be overwritten.

I am fearful of removing the vantage theme, replacing with with something generic, and then reinstalling the old vantage theme because a) I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem and b) what would happen to the 500 listings I've already added?

Any input would be most appreciated. I'm not only new to Vantage, I'm pretty new to WordPress as well, so I'm feeling utterly defeated!

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts

Thread Information