Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Vantage (including a major one with search)

Thanks

Unhappy Issues with Vantage (including a major one with search)

First: Great job with Vantage. It's simple and powerful, and I appreciate the effort that went into making it easy to use and scalable.

I understood that the first version would be a minimal viable product, so was expecting a few desired features to be missing. But there is at least one problem that will prevent me from deploying this in a production environment.

The search functionality does not search across categories and tags. For example, go to the Vantage demo and search for "Bakeries." That's a category, so searches for the category should return results. They do not. You have to search for a word used in the actual content of a listing, like "Danish", to get a result.

This is extremely problematic, because--especially when importing batches of records without descriptions--there is often no keyword within the actual listing content that would trigger a result. You would have to duplicate the category name in every listing just to get results.

The solution is to include categories and tags in the search query, which I hope is something that can be done easily. If a release can't be provided with this fix in the near future, I would appreciate some guidance for rewriting the appropriate query so purchasers of Vantage can make the change themselves until a fix is available.

Also, I noticed the following bugs:
    • Login page not themed
    • Forgot password page not themed
    • Registration page not themed, and redirects to root domain of multisite instance (e.g. if Vantage is deployed on childsite.domain.com and I click "register," it takes me to register on www.domain.com)

All in all, I think that Vantage will be great, and that it provides a good platform to build on moving forward. But there are a couple of essential fixes needed before I would consider deploying it for production.

Looking forward to the fixes. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to simonsmith For This Useful Post:

coza (May 4th, 2012), inmiddlebury (April 29th, 2012), orangemedia (May 22nd, 2012), stephenodonn (May 1st, 2012), vijaynz (April 30th, 2012)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laura For This Useful Post:

raziul (May 1st, 2012)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to panda32 For This Useful Post:

studio8 (April 29th, 2012)

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information