Thread: Questions on Using Child themes

Thanks

Questions on Using Child themes

I thought since child themes are going to be so important for a lot of us we might get some advice on what is and isn't possible. For instance, I have noticed that whenever I put a file from vantage into the child theme folder it will only overwrite the parent theme's file some of the time (and it seems to be files that are in other folders like the "includes" folder that don't get overwritten). Do we have to handle those in a special way or is the only way we can change anything in those files to edit the original file in the parent theme?
    For a more specific example, how might one change the header image size using a child theme? (I know it works if you edit the core.php file in Vantage, but this doesn't seem to work if you put the core.php file in the child theme folder and then edit it - even if you put it in a folder called "includes" within the child theme folder, which is how it is in the original theme.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information