Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dimitris

Thread: Vantage Issues I Would Like to See Fixed

Thanks

Vantage Issues I Would Like to See Fixed

I love the Vantage theme over competition any day of the week, but as I am getting closer to launching, I am finding more and more issues that end up just making my site look extremely unprofessional. If anyone has any idea how to solve these issues/add functionality, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. The login bar at the top of the header does not work well at all. When I scroll over it to login, the dropdown comes down, but then when I go to type in the text boxes, it disappears. I keep having to click on it to finally get to login. Also, sometimes it logs me in and sometimes it does nothing. This makes the site look really bad. I know that I can just click on it and it will take me to the login page, where I can login, but if the dropdown is so worthless, maybe it should not be there. I don't want my users to deal with this kind of crap. I am sure I could find the code and just remove the dropdown if I have to, but it would be nice to see it get fixed.

2. For some reason, the contact listing owner form is not actually going through to the user email address. I have a bunch of business listings I populated and the email for all of them is mine. When I log out and go to the front-end of the site to contact the listing owner (myself), I never get an email. I have had other people try to contact me through the form as well and I get nothing. I have no idea why this is not working. This is a HUGE problem, because basically my whole site is worthless as long as this does not work.

3. Advanced search, sorting options, filtering. For such a great theme, one of the greatest things Vantage is lacking is the ability to have advanced search, sorting, and filtering options. I purchased the Shortys plugin, but I am not a fan. There is no good reason that the Vantage theme does not have this functionality. Users expect this kind of functionality and it is very important.

It may sound like I am just ranting, but I truly think these are things that are very important. As always, I am willing to pay to see them done, I would just prefer someone who knows Vantage, as a developer that has no idea about this platform will take a lot of time just trying to figure out how the theme works. I could keep poking around and changing code, but I am very busy and really need to get this done and stop wasting time. If anyone has any idea how to solve any of these things, that would be awesome! If you get me a real solution, I would be happy to pay you!

Thanks!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    srykwal2 likes this.

Thread Information