Thread: Will the importer be able to geo-code addresses in Vantage 1.1.2

Thanks

Will the importer be able to geo-code addresses in Vantage 1.1.2

The issue with the importer not geo-coding has been brought up by myself and others, but I wanted to find out if I should expect a fix in v1.1.2.

Based on this link the importer should already be functioning:
    http://www.appthemes.com/blog/vantage-1-1-released/

Improved Importer
    A good business directory should have lots and lots of listings right? And importing listings gives you a big head start on making that happen. Well, we have greatly improved the csv importer, which now can import remote images, set featured images, and even geo-code the addresses.
    I hate to keep bringing this up, but with over 50,000 listings to import it is extremely important. I have already geocoded over 30,000 listings on my own and it takes a long time.

@annonse has provided some code that works. http://forums.appthemes.com/vantage-...nt-show-35986/
    The problem I am having with that code is that for some reason it is highly dependent on the format of the address. For example, "Southeast" will cause an error preventing geocoding, so will "Se", for it to work it has to be exactly "SE". I will not go down the entire list of problematic formatting, but another one is "Drive" will prevent geocoding where "Dr" allows it to work.

I am curious if there is some additional code that is needed for it to format the address like it does when you edit a listing. For example, when I have an address that doesn't show up on the map and I enter the edit listing page and select "find" google will map the address that it just had errors with while importing.

Thank you.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information