Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Classipress turned into Restaurant Guide

Thanks
    Good idea! But this would be much better if you used clustering because can you imagine what the map would like if you have hundreds (or thousands) of ads?!! There would hundreds of pins! Clustering enables you to group them so that when the user clicks on a cluster it then drills down to more clusters and then eventually to individual ads.

For general classifieds I'm not sure that maps are that useful, the don't have them on Ebay for example. But, for real estate or vacation rentals etc then maps are a good idea.

Thanks
    Actually that's the idea for developing the plugin... to have ads excellent well organized into the map and depending on the zoom show them as a group or individuals
    BTW, love your avatar picture.
    Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by carlos takemura View Post
    Good idea! But this would be much better if you used clustering because can you imagine what the map would like if you have hundreds (or thousands) of ads?!! There would hundreds of pins! Clustering enables you to group them so that when the user clicks on a cluster it then drills down to more clusters and then eventually to individual ads.

For general classifieds I'm not sure that maps are that useful, the don't have them on Ebay for example. But, for real estate or vacation rentals etc then maps are a good idea.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    Hi, What is the plugin you use for the "Contact" page? Thanks

Thanks
    Junnydc

may be you are to new here to know what is a 3.04

check this one ----> http://www.vazy.biz/

mr green
    Best

Thanks
    It looks pretty nice and clean!Good job!

Thanks
    We are still working on the map plugin to automatically integrate all your ads into a unique map you can place at your sidebar as a widget, at your pages via a shortcode or in your PHP files with a copy/paste line of code... see a demo here
    http://entalpia.info/ (look at the sidebar)
    Best regards,

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    Yes, clustering is definitely a better idea when you have lots of ads. But, as I said, I don't think publishing your exact address on a classified ad site (or any site) is a very wise idea. This is why I think a radial overlay of the general location is a better method, see this example:

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24965#maps

Sensitive information like your address should only be exchanged after the sale, a transaction or, in the case of the above example, a booking.

Thanks
    Well, as a custom project this can be done for sure and then can hide the "address" custom field from the ad details page, otherwise does not make any sense not to show the exact location in the map since the address it is already there.
    Best regards,

Yes, clustering is definitely a better idea when you have lots of ads. But, as I said, I don't think publishing your exact address on a classified ad site (or any site) is a very wise idea. This is why I think a radial overlay of the general location is a better method, see this example:

http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24965#maps

Sensitive information like your address should only be exchanged after the sale, a transaction or, in the case of the above example, a booking.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Thanks
    Well, that's the point I was trying to make, i.e. it shouldn't be a custom project, it should be standard. In fact, the whole notion of allowing people to publish their address as default is wrong. It should be the other way around, i.e. they should have the choice to 'show' their address - if they're that stupid

Any self-respecting classifieds site, and I include Ebay, hides the seller's address for good reason. It's irresponsible for any site these days to show people's address as default.

When we're talking about places in the public domain such as restaurants, hotels, shops etc, then of course the address is an essential piece of information. But for regular people selling things, or renting out their rooms, it's not a wise idea and for this reason it should be hidden by default, with the option to show if they wish.

Thanks
    Respect your opinion and even agree with you but making this standard it is something you must convince the AppThemes dev team (I am not part of them)
    ... that's why I told you I can only custom make this for clients interested in this feature.
    Best regards,

Well, that's the point I was trying to make, i.e. it shouldn't be a custom project, it should be standard. In fact, the whole notion of allowing people to publish their address as default is wrong. It should be the other way around, i.e. they should have the choice to 'show' their address - if they're that stupid

Any self-respecting classifieds site, and I include Ebay, hides the seller's address for good reason. It's irresponsible for any site these days to show people's address as default.

When we're talking about places in the public domain such as restaurants, hotels, shops etc, then of course the address is an essential piece of information. But for regular people selling things, or renting out their rooms, it's not a wise idea and for this reason it should be hidden by default, with the option to show if they wish.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information