Thread: ContractorTop.com - slowly getting there...

Thanks

ContractorTop.com - slowly getting there...

ContractorTop.com Find local and nationwide Contractors, search for Special Offers

I have been working on this site for months now, messed it up many times and got great help here on the board, especially from rubencio and TheMannyMann

There is still a lot to do:

- no idea how to get that little feed with my logo into browsers

- have not figured out yet how to list some of the pages only in the footer bar

- have to remove on somehow the whole "ballade" from "All Rights Reserved" in the footer

- the Gallery section is still "under construction" - havenīt figured out how to make it easy for the Contractors, but at the same time esthetical and user friendly for the Customers

- now got fever fot that "ads delete button" that cleans the database from both ads and photos... oh mama, gotta have it!

All suggestions on the look and functionality will be greatly appreciated

This is not a selling leads site. The idea is a contractors directory, advertising and show room.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You have small thumbnails and so adjusting the titles to occupy the empty white space might make it look better.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jomarkosabel For This Useful Post:

bestusads (May 21st, 2011)

Thanks
    very nice looking site!

clean, easy to read and the pages, especially "help" and "contact" look really good! i really like the search box too. is that a plugin?

it's only my opinion, but i think you should add the drop-down menu with categories back to your top navigation bar. right now if i were to submit my listing i would like to know first what categories there are to pick from.

also you might wanna insert a "more tag" into your blog posts, so you can fit more of them on one page, without scrolling down so much, and it would make people click on that post to finnish reading it. again, just my opinion.

you should start a new thread with questions how to do those mods you mention here, cause this is just for showcase & feedback.
    i'm sure you'll get help really fast. people here are awesome!

good luck to your project!
    azlogistics.com - Your A to Z Logistics Directory (Vantage) | azoffroading.com - Arizona off-roaders' site (multisite: Vantage + Classipress + Vantage)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adams_44 For This Useful Post:

bestusads (May 23rd, 2011)

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions

I have set the thumbnails bigger, looks better now, thanks for pointing it out.

The search box was implemented by The Web Presence Project: The Web Presence Project | Creating online web presence and it works like a charm.

I got the drop-down menu removed, but will have ful display Categories widget on Contractors and Consumers Pages and also a drop down Categories widget right under the search box as soon as I have at least one listing in each category.

"more" tag in blog posts is a great idea, thanks!

Thanks
    I would like to know more details about the search box that you use. Could you please PM me some info like: contact person at The Web Presence Project that you would recommend, approx cost I should expect. Also, was it immediately ready to add to your site as a widget or plugin?
    Thank you!
    azlogistics.com - Your A to Z Logistics Directory (Vantage) | azoffroading.com - Arizona off-roaders' site (multisite: Vantage + Classipress + Vantage)

Thanks
    I would like to know more details about the search box that you use
    search in the forum or tell moderators to clean the garbage
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Bestusads
    sorry ,I does not hang with the logo

shame because I find the idea good
    Best

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_green View Post
    search in the forum or tell moderators to clean the garbage
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Bestusads
    sorry ,I does not hang with the logo

shame because I find the idea good
    I was not very found of the old logo.

The new one is created by 48hourslogo.com

Really talented people there if you need a logo, it is a contest, you place your bid and get plenty designs to review.

--------------------------------------------

@adams, the search was implemented by TheMannyMan, please address your requests to him, excellent services.

--------------------------------------------

Have to share my holly jolly enthusiasm - the site is taking off, by far 60+ Users (+ 1 removed spammer, my hand was shaking when removing A USER, but still, can't have spam there) and I am working close with the contractors at Remodel Crazy Forum on every improvement to benefit contractors' businesses.
    Haven't started on any SEO work yet, more listings first.
    The images showing off the contractors' work are stunning. They are passionate artists and I am glad I've turned the site into a visual directory.
    ContractorTop.com - Find Local Contractors for Your Home Improvement and Remodeling. "Get it Done!"

Thanks
    @dodobird, thanks!

What details are you thinking of?

Ps. Personally I like a lot the Gallery (Photo Albums) plugin, that lets me to display Contractors' creations randomly in widgets on pages, linked to the listings. The slider widget is heavy so I had to give up on that, but the single image widget is light and great.
    ContractorTop.com - Find Local Contractors for Your Home Improvement and Remodeling. "Get it Done!"

Thread Information