Thread: Demo for Admin

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Demo for Admin

I think you should have Demo for Admin page, without it, I have no clue what this can do. Especially wants to know, whether I can still use basic functionality of Wordpress blog, article management and compatibility with other plugin.

Also making this function as THEME seems to be difficult to use for existing blog, since it will change whole blog theme.
    Its more flexible if I can use as plugins.

Anywhere, great design theme. Looking forward for next release .

Thanks

Re: Demo for Admin

Thanks for the feedback winmonaye. Having a live demo of the admin page would be difficult because people would abuse it. There is a screenshot you can see on the ClassiPress Features page which will help you better understand how it works.

I was thinking about creating a plugin instead of an entire theme but Classified ad systems really need a dedicated system to utilize all the features. Trying to leverage WordPress' posts and categories would mix everything up too much if used in the same instance. Does that make sense?

The best way to keep your existing blog and use ClassiPress is to install another copy of WordPress one level below your current site's url. In fact, that's exactly how I'm running wpclassipress.com right now

i.e.
    http://www.wpclassipress.com/ is my current WP site
    http://www.wpclassipress.com/classipress/ is a new instance of WP where I have installed ClassiPress

This is a very clean way of doing it and it keeps your regular posts, users, and categories separate from your main WP site. I wouldn't want all those things mixed up.

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

You says in the "Additional Feature List":
    Tight Integration - ClassiPress works as a standalone website or can easily integrate with your current WordPress instance.
    Anywhere, Mixing together will cause a lot of issue. But if you can't mix it, you are just using Wordpress as framework and can't find the reason for choosing this "tool". (Oh, Price seems very reasonable.. )

Hope I will see more flexible in the future.

Thanks

Yes, I'd recommend you install a separate instance of wordpress in a sub directory on your site. That way you can keep things separate from your main wordpress site. There might be a plugin out there to do exactly what you're referring to but ClassiPress is a more complete and separate solution.

Thanks

I could make a demo for the admin side pretty easy. Just have to disable all the submit buttons and anything that could be damaging to the installation.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Thanks for the offer...I might take you up on it. I also wonder if a plugin for something like this exists already or not. Seems like it could be quite useful for all those people selling premium themes.

Thanks

I looked for a plugin to do this a few months back when i needed one with no luck and just ended up having to hand do it.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

I've finally got a demo of the admin pages setup. You can view it here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    I've finally got a demo of the admin pages setup. You can view it here.
    Nice !!!
    1) i like the fact that users can edit there own ads, i get alot of requests on that.
    2) Nice touch with the google maps, we target an area that requires some driving for buyers and i think this feature will greatly benefit our users.
    3)Our site is free but i like that you have the option to charge for a feature listing.
    Keep up the great work !!

Thread Information