Thread: EconomistJobs.com

Thanks

EconomistJobs.com

We have just released the renewed EconomistJobs.com. It has been ported to JobRoller and the logo and colorscheme are based on the previous design, but have been updated to represent a fresh and international job board for economist jobs. We have also added custom Wordpress widgets and a long list of other small changes! What do you think of it?
    EconomistJobs.png
    We do more than JobRoller childthemes at FourLeafed.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I was about check the site but it prompted with "Fatal error: Out of memory....." error.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Wait a few seconds and do a refresh. Already working on it, server will be upgraded beginning next week.

And don't use Internet Explorer. Client choose to release before IE stylesheets are done. We have it planned for the coming weeks. At the moment we are running extra analytics and heatmaps to analyse the new design and look for improvements that can be made.

Thanks
    Crispy , i really like it ! Although i would put the search widget in a better place or give it another color as this is an important thing for jobseekers.

Good luck , veel succes ermee ;

Thanks
    Hoi akoetsier, thank you for your feedback. We are still working on the design. We are collecting extra statistics about usage and will review it regularly. I think the search form will improve in the coming weeks (move up/ change layout).

Cheers, Evert

Thanks
    Looks great Evert Search bar looks really good too, perhaps it would be better placed so that it is viewable higher up so viewable as soon as you load the page. I think with many sites they seem to fade out towards the bottom, for this one it seems a little bare right at the bottom of the page, might be worth thinking about making the number of latest jobs shown per page slightly less. Really like the site though. Looking forward to your child theme being released.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evertsemeijn View Post
    We have just released the renewed EconomistJobs.com. It has been ported to JobRoller and the logo and colorscheme are based on the previous design, but have been updated to represent a fresh and international job board for economist jobs. We have also added custom Wordpress widgets and a long list of other small changes! What do you think of it?
    EconomistJobs.png
    A very slick design! Nice

One element I would think over: Does the header need to be so big? 458*143 for a logo is huge IMO. It's also distracting from the actual content.

And your menu bar too: HomeContactAdvertise with usTestimonialsT&CsAbout usLogin. Consider making the height smaller or moving this to the footer.

Your site visitors will 90% be focused on posting an ad or finding a job. The remaining 10% will take 5 seconds to find a contact link or advertise with us link, etc. even if its in the footer.

Then you have this in your sidebar: 2012 Advertising Rates
    £600.00
    1Standard Listing
    1 Jobs lasting 30 days.
    with payment gateway logos.

Consider placing it where it matters, just below "Post your Job" and the payment gateway logos smaller.

Then your social networking buttons in the header show zero activity. For a site that's existed since 2002, that's not refllecting the right image. Consider placing these in a less prominent place until you have numbers to boast.

Hope this provides you with inspiration...

Thanks
    @jupiter1984: we have interpreted our results from tracking the site and we are currently trying an alternative with the search bar at the original location. Despite the new location, browsing jobs is currently still preferred by our visitors (if we can already interpret the results).

@giorgioarmani: thank you for your feedback. In my opinion you can never get too much feedback. Please don't forget this is a custom design for a client of ours. Although, we often would do things differently, we usually get to a consensus of the issue. The header is this big because the site is changing from EU jobs to worldwide jobs. To emphasize this the globe has been added prominently to the logo.

Moving the menubar to the footer sound like a good suggestion. Not many clicks this far, but some more tracking is needed to get the results in. Basing changes on a 'few' clicks is not what is considered scientific.

Although you'd suggest moving the rates up to the place where it matters, we'll probably leave it in place. If you sort the sidebar items on priority you'd probably agree with me that the rates are less important than references, featured employers and mailing lists.

Why do you conclude the social buttons show zero activity? Because they are not showing the bubble? A closer inspection of the social media integration will show you that we decided not to use the bubble icons. Since SM has just been added to the site we can not conclude at this state that the icons shows zero activity. Don't you think?

I will definitely take some of your feedback back to our client. Let me know if I can be of any assistent.

Kind regards, Evert Semeijn

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter1984 View Post
    Looking forward to your child theme being released.
    Hi Evert, when do you release a child theme ? Or where can i find these on your website ? Highly interested !

Thanks
    Hi @akoetsier,

as I have already communicated to you via PM we are very busy with client works. Child themes will be releases You can contact met at evert@fourleafed.com for more information. Cheers und aufwiedersehen

Thread Information