Thread: Grimsby listings

Thanks

Grimsby listings

Hi guys i had little knowledge of css, but thxs to this forum i think i am nearly there, it is still basic but i have changed it a little just the colour really.http://www.grimsbylistings.com

I dont like the catergory layout, but i dont know what else i could do with it, its a bit beyond my knowledge to change it, i have tried to find were i would alter this in css styles but i dont know

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts

Re: Grimsby listings

It's nice. Just keep on tinkering and you will surely learn the ins and outs of Classipress codes and structure. Just don't forget to make a back up in case you screw up some things.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I like it. I dont mean to be critical but my comments are constructive.

*The logo could do with a little work.
    *Reduce the # of categories so they dont overlap
    *The statpress in the listing is confusing to read (Visits today: 9 visitors online: 1 users online: 0) 9 visitors online?

*I loved the getting started part so I nicked it and put it on my site, hope you dont mind
    *I like the top post of the day too (mind posting the code somewhere?)
    *How do you get the 'contact ad owner form' to not be shown by default?

I see you put some work into it, keep it up!

Thanks

Thanks for the advise i am not that keen on my catergories over lapping either so i will shorten some names or delete some so them they show all on one line ( would dropping the font size down work) and the stat thing is confusing never really noticed it before thanks for pointing that out

To not show the default email form is just in the class i press settings you need to change "Expand Inquiry Form" to no and the post of the day was just a plugin that came with 2.9

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thanks birdy!

Thread Information