Thread: I'm stuck on constant traffic | Brainstorm Needed

Thanks

I'm stuck on constant traffic | Brainstorm Needed

Hey,

My classifieds Outlived.co.uk are stuck on constant generic traffic of approximately 200 visitors a day and I can't see clearly how to improve the number and quality (bounce rate) of visits.

Here is the link to public statistics at SeeTheStats (based on Google analytics)

Here is a screenshot of inpage analytics of folding page.

Please, whatsoever is your age, knowledge or experience -> share your ideas on how to improve generic traffic stats and bounce rate.

Every opinion is needed - even if it might sound strange - I will put all the suggestions on A2 paper.

Thank you in advance,
    Helmuts

🇬🇧 Helmuts | My ClassiPress hobby site: Outlived Classifieds: https://www.outlived.co.uk

❤️ $2.49 / £1.99 - 100GB Space, 1 TB Traffic, Unlimited Domains, Daily Backups, Free SSL Certificates > SSD Cloud Hosting > HostMaria.com

Thanks
    Focus on what or who is staying on your site the most. Basically, you want to decide if this group of people can be a target market to build from since they are showing the most interest. You also want to keep in mind if this group will be able to make site profitable or they could be "loss leaders" which just means they are used to draw in others who are willing to pay. Another way to look at it is, you have 200 more visitors than I do! ;o)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rnaylor For This Useful Post:

helmuc (May 18th, 2012)

Thanks
    OK, many things have been done, but 1 has influenced "Pages/Visit" already - I did put featured ads on the bottom of the landing page sidebar (the last attempt to grab attention of a leaving visitor) and the results are clear:

Pages/Visit has changed: from 2.19 => 2.60
    Bounce rate: 66.21 => 65.71 (before the bounce rate was 73-80%)

I have added related ads, but can't measure their impact but it should help as well (related ads are 1 of the main tricks how to improve bounce rate at ecommerce sites)

---

as per getting more traffic from Google and targeting more keywords - I will chase rankings for all these keywords (already rank "UK classifieds" #6) and especially 2 keywords (have ultra-boosted their presence in OutLived) that marked with arrows in this screenshot:

----

any other suggestions?

===>>> is anybody getting 2k or more visits a day?

🇬🇧 Helmuts | My ClassiPress hobby site: Outlived Classifieds: https://www.outlived.co.uk

❤️ $2.49 / £1.99 - 100GB Space, 1 TB Traffic, Unlimited Domains, Daily Backups, Free SSL Certificates > SSD Cloud Hosting > HostMaria.com

Thanks
    What are the visitors looking for when they come to your site? Ideally, when people are searching, they are searching for something. Choose a target market or ad product and promote that or advertise to that market. For example, if someone post an ad selling furniture, print it out and hang flyers all over town. Get known for selling/promoting a specific market or need - then build from that. But again, I do not have any visitors at this point, so why listen to me? ;o)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rnaylor For This Useful Post:

helmuc (June 19th, 2012)

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Remember to add QR codes, if you go down the print media route for your ads.

Quote Originally Posted by rnaylor View Post
    What are the visitors looking for when they come to your site? Ideally, when people are searching, they are searching for something. Choose a target market or ad product and promote that or advertise to that market. For example, if someone post an ad selling furniture, print it out and hang flyers all over town. Get known for selling/promoting a specific market or need - then build from that. But again, I do not have any visitors at this point, so why listen to me? ;o)
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

helmuc (June 19th, 2012)

Thanks
    I hate to say it, but it looks as if most of your visitors are spambots.

For example, this ad links to a website that's not even in England:
    http://www.outlived.co.uk/ads/any-gi...-for-some-fun/

Furthermore, adult-related ads will often turn other users away.

You may want to consider moderating each ad. And you may also want to consider not allowing HTML in your ads, or links for that matter, as they can lead to nefarious websites that contain viruses.

Just my two cents.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to elderban For This Useful Post:

helmuc (June 19th, 2012)

Thanks
    Hello,

how did you put the Featured ads on the right sidebar?

tks,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuc View Post
    My classifieds Outlived.co.uk are stuck on constant generic traffic of approximately 200 visitors a day and I can't see clearly how to improve the number and quality (bounce rate) of visits.
    I'd first look at what is bringing your visitors.

Is it bringing them to your homepage? Or to a specific ad? Or a specific category? What keywords are they searching for? What sources (Google, other sites...)?

Once you analyze that you will have a clear picture and specifically make changes to take your site to the next level.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to giorgioarmani For This Useful Post:

helmuc (June 19th, 2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elderban View Post
    I hate to say it, but it looks as if most of your visitors are spambots.

For example, this ad links to a website that's not even in England:
    http://www.outlived.co.uk/ads/any-gi...-for-some-fun/

Furthermore, adult-related ads will often turn other users away.

You may want to consider moderating each ad. And you may also want to consider not allowing HTML in your ads, or links for that matter, as they can lead to nefarious websites that contain viruses.

Just my two cents.
    Hi.

Thank you for showing this link: the user and the advert were deleted before I read your comment, but anyway - thank you

I am trying to fight spambots as I can, but some of them actually provide decent ads, so I review most ads on daily basis.

About regional ads: aprox. 15-20% of ads not from the UK and see no reason why they can't appear in OutLived if their target is to reach people from the UK. Sadly, but based on excessive spam amount all the Indian IP addreses are banned (the same applies to Africa).

About adult ads -> most of the classifieds don't allow any type of adult ads, but I took a decision to allow them if they don't cross the line. As the result times by times they publish featured ads - and it means £££. Have to say that 90% of all the adult ad publishers are very careful and know what they can and can't do.

About html codes you are right - after testing them I did decide to remove this option (although some software allows to go around this restriction).

Thank you guys and girls for suggestions

At this moment I have lost in average 30-40 visitors a day:

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinoffline View Post
    Remember to add QR codes, if you go down the print media route for your ads.
    Good point - but I will add QR codes only after will have iPhone application.

tx

Thread Information