Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vantage vs DirectoryPress

Thanks

Vantage vs DirectoryPress

Found a current web development with WordPress and DirectoryPress which looks quite impressive. Does Vantage offer some of the same ability to customize and extend the theme which would create something similar? The link is to a forum post that has the differnt page views, as well as links to a breakdown of the customizations.
    http://www.create-web-directory.com/...irectorypress/

Thanks
    If you dont wanna read about it, you can view the live development here
    http://www.web-directory-service.com/websolve/

Thanks
    I have a developer license with both premiumpress and directorypress. Directory press's features far outweigh those that vantage has. But vantage is beta not even released yet. I'm not sure if the beta of vantage is a scaled down version or not but we will see on April 27? I can setup a directorypress for you to take a look if you need? I don't like it which is why I've come to Appthemes. Appthemes produce much higher quality apps but that's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranjessup View Post
    I have a developer license with both premiumpress and directorypress. Directory press's features far outweigh those that vantage has. But vantage is beta not even released yet. I'm not sure if the beta of vantage is a scaled down version or not but we will see on April 27? I can setup a directorypress for you to take a look if you need? I don't like it which is why I've come to Appthemes. Appthemes produce much higher quality apps but that's just my opinion.
    I too have a developers license for Premiumpress but I felt that Appthemes create better looking themes. I moved to appthemes on the strength of Vantage but was very disappointed with the Beta so dont hold out much hope for v1.0.

If Appthemes can get Vantage right, it could be truly a great directory theme. A cobination of Directorypress with Geoplaces done in the appthemes way would be immense.

Thanks
    This is the exact question I'm trying to figure out right now. I've bought into the PremiumPress's Directory Theme but have yet to get the site up to the point I can evaluate it. It's difficult all the way around so I ended up checking out Vantage which I'm excited about but it seems the reviews from Beta were luke warm. I guess we'll find out tomorrow but I'm just hoping that the bugs are reduced to a minimum.

Does anyone know if there are any updates on Vantages value? Looking for any feedback I can get to see which theme I should spend time developing out.

Quick question - which one would you say is the easiest for beginners using these types of themes?

Thank you for any advice or feedback you can give!!

Thanks
    vantage should be released today, I will LOL so hard if you guys are getting trolled :P (delay)
    ♣ Display your classifieds site in Grid format
    Demo >> http://www.places-finder.com
    Thread >> https://forums.appthemes.com/theme-pl...comment-21709/
    Created by Mr. Green

Thanks
    LOOOOOOL no release today, of course not lol, what would you expect... -.-
    ♣ Display your classifieds site in Grid format
    Demo >> http://www.places-finder.com
    Thread >> https://forums.appthemes.com/theme-pl...comment-21709/
    Created by Mr. Green

Thanks
    I've noticed, I just don't think this will be ready to use for another release. This one (who knows when) will be a slammed out version to try and stay true to their word again. They'll clean up all the bugs from this release and put in some additional features for the next revision.

I'm more looking at Classipress at this point with some modifications. It seems to be robust, proven and there are plenty of options for mod's to the theme.
    I have a feeling once they initially release Vantage it's going to be a disappointment.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    i was 100% sure that the release will not come in time. i say it in german: Zuverlaessigkeit gleich null!
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    Looks like we'll have it tomorrow . . . I think?

Shannon Apr 27, 2012 10:12 am
    STAFF
    Vantage is ready, we just need to package it up, put it online, add pages to the website and finish up tutorials and documentation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information