Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Website,feedback welcome..

Thanks

My Website,feedback welcome..

Hi folks, this is my website, www.cyclingadverts.com any feedback would be welcome, thanks very much.

Thanks
    The dark background isn't really suitable for visitors to stay on your site a long time. Try to use a lighter color scheme.

Thanks
    I agree with the above comment. I like your feature ad section.Was that customized or was it done using a plugin theme?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlife View Post
    The dark background isn't really suitable for visitors to stay on your site a long time. Try to use a lighter color scheme.
    Thanks for that, I will lighten up the background.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 100mileliving View Post
    I agree with the above comment. I like your feature ad section.Was that customized or was it done using a plugin theme?
    Hi there, thanks for that. The featured section is a plugin called Slider Ultimate and im running the Jibo theme.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. The white background is much better. So I have two more questions:
    1) With the Slider Ultimate plugin do you only have a few feature ads or can you have as many as you want. The website states that the plugin "Randomly picks 7 featured listings on each page load" I have no idea what that means. I don't want only 7 featured ads, I want unlimted number. Don't know if that would work for me.
    2) I also like the display page for each item (how you have phone number, e-mail, website, etc) Was that display also available with the Slider Ulitimate plug in?

My only other suggestion, and this is because I am in the process of developing a logo, is that your logo could be more memorable, maybe bigger or have a bike or wheel incorporated in it. Have you looked into 99designs?

Thanks
    Hi again. In relation to the amount of featured ads, when I had it set up first, I had about 14-15 featured ads, which was fine, they all showed underneath the main featured ad and one by one they would appear big. What I found is, that when I peeled back the amount of featured ads to nine, the page goes out of shape, if you can follow me. So that's why only seven ads at a time will show. Their is a support thread here in the plugin section for the slider if you needed more info.

Regarding the "phone number, email, website etc" they are custom fields that you can create via the classipress admin, they have no connection to the slider ultimate. What you do is go to custom fields in your classipress settings, create any custom field you want i.e...website, save it, then go to form layouts, edit the form layout, here you will find all your custom fields on the right of the page. You can bring over the custom field for website or any other field you want as well as taking away any field in the form layout that you don't want. There are one or two fields that you cannot remove like "description" The form layout is what your user will use to list there ad, so depending on what your selling, you can make as many form layouts as you want, but you must link them to the categories you want to use with the form layout. Hope you can follow that

Your right about the logo, im in the process of changing that, and ill check out 99designs, thanks for that.

Thanks
    Hi. Thank you so much for the detailed description of how to create customized categories and forms. I have done that. I should have been more clear on what I meant. I like your layout or how the information per each item is displayed (the bottom information below the picture). And the picture is quite large, it is different than the way it comes with ClassiPress. I also noticed that you did not include a map. Is there a reason for that. Maybe this info is irrelevant if the products come form all over the world? I also like the Contact tab. I noticed that you have a "Author rating". Is that a plugin as well? I would like to get a product/business rating as well for my site. I am a bit confused what "Author" represents/ Is that the person who listed the product? I wonder if there would be a better term?

Oh, and your new logo is waaaaay better. Overall I really like your site, clean and easy to navigate. I will likely use it as a template for mine. I have just started so no actual real ads yet (www.100mileliving.ca). It is a site for people to list everything locally made and grown in their area. No logo yet. Will be using 99designs to make one.

Thanks
    Hi again, I just opted out of the maps function, I think the site would want to be very busy for that, so I held off on it. The author is the person who lists the ad and it is a plugin I use called "Rate Author" glad you like the logo, thanks for that.

Thanks
    Hello! I love your theme and layout.. did you hire someone to do that for you or is that child theme? That's really similar to the style that I want to do for my website.. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclebarter View Post
    Hi folks, this is my website, www.cyclingadverts.com any feedback would be welcome, thanks very much.
    Looks nice but I still have a few tips for you.

1. Go to Classipress - Settings - Advanced and check the Use SelectBox js library.
    2. Go to Wordpress - Settings - Reading and set the number of posts to show either 9 or 12 per page. (This makes sure that on grid view there's always enough items to fill the page.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information