Thread: Append Search keywords for indeed jobs

Thanks

Append Search keywords for indeed jobs

My site is specific to an industry. I have my indeed integration queries set up so that only jobs from that industry are pulled to my site. This works great when browsing jobs on the site, or when searching using location only.

However, when a user performs a search using their own keywords and no results are found, the site queries indeed.com on the fly using ONLY the search terms put in by the user. That means it returns job results from ANY industry that match their search terms - results not relevent to my target audience.

For example, my site is for credit union jobs only, and a user wants to search for IT Director jobs in the credit union industry. So they put "IT Director" in the search field (assuming that only credit union jobs will be returned, because that is what my site is for)......but the returned results will be from ANY industry / job that has "IT Director" in it.

Here is my question - Is there a way to always append something to the user-entered search terms in order to narrow down the search results?

For example, in the aformentioned scenario, when the user puts "IT Director" in the search field, it would query indeed.com for the keywords "IT Director"+"credit union" and return those results.

I realize I'll probably need to drop this into the code somewhere, I'm just asking where / how.

Might be a cool feature to add as an option for simplux in the future!

Thanks!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thanks

Thread Information