Thread: Updating to Classipress 3.5.x + HOTFIXES

Thanks

Updating to Classipress 3.5.x + HOTFIXES

As you know CP 3.5 is due out soon. I was informed today that it is planned for release at the end of the week (I am not sure if that means Fri or Sun).

I am away as of tomorrow for 2 weeks, so very bad timing for me I will not be back at my desk until 4th September.

I have however, prepared the update. I have even updated my demo to reflect the changes.

Warning! when updating I noticed my footer widgets disappeared. This could happen to you too, so be prepared for it.

I suggest you all update on a TEST site first, not on your LIVE site and as always - BACK-UP first! As a safety measure using FTP, I put my site in maintenance mode, activate one of the WP themes, re-name my current classipress version and my child theme and then upload both new version. That way I know I can rename them and activate them again, should anything mess up.

I also noticed when updating that the blank images for the 125 ads were missing. On closer inspection I could see that AppThemes have moved the images into a different folder. So if you already had your 125 ads widget set up from a previous install, you will need to reconnect the paths, like so (change in bold):

eg: change
    Code:
    http://www.appthemes.com|http://YOURDOMAIN/wp-content/themes/classipress/images/ad125a.gif|Ad 1|nofollow
    to:
    Code:
    http://www.appthemes.com|http://YOURDOMAIN/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/widgets/images/ad125a.gif|Ad 1|nofollow
    It has been a pig of an update, mainly due to AppThemes "fixing" certain colors. On the brightside, you are now able to easily changes background, text links and button colors via the Appearance->Customizer panel rather than having to dig into the css files.

Another thing I noticed during the updating process is that the footer background color turned black. To remedy this, simply choose another color scheme, Save & Publish, then choose the color you actually want to use and re-Save & publish again. This worked for me. I don't know why, but it did.

Whilst I am away, I will keep an eye on any announcements by AppThemes to see when they release. Shortly after that I will update the child theme. Until then, DO NOT update until I say so here

Kind Regards
    Talent

###### HOT FIXES - SEE POSTS BELOW ######
    Last edited by talent; October 27th, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
    $function ('CUSTOMIZATION'); } else { .DESIGN { display: awesome; }
    If you require any additional functionality or design customization, just ask. Afterall... anything is possible! However, I may not know how to implement your particular request, but if you don't ask, you don't get

If you build it, they will come...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    If you require any additional functionality or design customization, just ask. Afterall... anything is possible! However, I may not know how to implement your particular request, but if you don't ask, you don't get

3. The Following User Says Thank You to talent For This Useful Post:

ricardocunha1983 (August 20th, 2015)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to talent For This Useful Post:

hassledhoff (September 7th, 2015)

Thanks
    Last edited by talent; September 18th, 2015 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks
    Last edited by talent; October 27th, 2015 at 01:35 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to talent For This Useful Post:

emcelik (September 26th, 2015)

Thanks
    Last edited by talent; January 13th, 2016 at 01:16 PM.

Thread Information